• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there is this, if you believe in actual numbers instead of computer model ones. Look closely at the map, I don't see any appreciable mass loss since Sept 1st https://i0.wp.com/4castwidgets.intelliweather.net/enso/wuwt/SMB_map_LA_acc_latest.jpg?ssl=1
And if you look at the actual temperatures too, including the modeled ones, you'll see they're pretty much below freezing for all the areas except those with ice loss, which are along the coast. Also, we should start to see more gain soon with the coming of winter.
gfs_T2m_nhem_1.png

And if you look at the actual temperatures too, including the modeled ones, you'll see they're pretty much below freezing for all the areas except those with ice loss, which are along the coast. Also, we should start to see more gain soon with the coming of winter.
gfs_T2m_nhem_1.png

Ok so you knick pic something I said days ago and ignore the article I just posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I have to comment on your post of the article you just posted? Like is there some rule somewhere that says I have to? I was adding to another post, not directly engaging you.

Nope just looks like you couldn’t find fault with it so you had to go dig something up from way back.

Nope just looks like you couldn’t find fault with it so you had to go dig something up from way back.

So you're trying to say I purposefully avoided the article that I didn't even choose to read, because I have other better things to do? And on top of that, you call it dirt to trash something? The way you're treating this is uncalled for, so I advise you to stop acting like what I'm doing isn't right just because I'm not backing what you're posting up.

So you're trying to say I purposefully avoided the article that I didn't even choose to read, because I have other better things to do? And on top of that, you call it dirt to trash something? The way you're treating this is uncalled for.

Nope I’m saying you don’t want to comment on something if it doesn’t fit your agenda

Nope I’m saying you don’t want to comment on something if it doesn’t fit your agenda

Listen, I don't have an agenda. I don't agree fully with either side. I observe things and make my own decisions. You are getting offended over me not commenting on your post. This is silly.

Listen, I don't have an agenda. I don't agree fully with either side. I observe things and make my own decisions. You are getting offended over me not commenting on your post. This is silly.

I’m not offended just making an observation. And how is there any room for agreement left? The only thing thats not settled is how quickly temps and sea levels rise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/relay....019/09/greenland-ice-getting-denser-thats-bad

I’m not offended just making an observation. And how is there any room for agreement left? The only thing thats not settled is how quickly temps and sea levels rise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/relay....019/09/greenland-ice-getting-denser-thats-bad

Serious question: In your opinion is it remotely possible that the earth has warmed a couple degrees over the years (I mean 8 billion people, asphalt/cement cities, cars/boats/trains/plains... I get it) and is leveling off without catastrophic results? Or is it a foregone conclusion that all humanity will perish and there's no coming back from it?

Seriously dude, ..... give it a rest. We all know how you feel. However, everyone deserves the right to voice their opinion without regret. You need to learn how to calmly debate others with an open mind.

Seriously dude, ..... give it a rest. We all know how you feel. However, everyone deserves the right to voice their opinion without regret. You need to learn how to calmly debate others with an open mind.

10-4

Serious question: In your opinion is it remotely possible that the earth has warmed a couple degrees over the years (I mean 8 billion people, asphalt/cement cities, cars/boats/trains/plains... I get it) and is leveling off without catastrophic results? Or is it a foregone conclusion that all humanity will perish and there's no coming back from it?

It may not perish but the change in climate will become increasingly disruptive and uncertain as more unseen feedbacks may be triggered.

It may not perish but the change in climate will become increasingly disruptive and uncertain as more unseen feedbacks may be triggered.

But also keep in mind that not all effects would be bad: greener earth/bigger crops quite possible, fewer deaths and less inconvenience from cold/winter storms, lower heating bills/less energy needed for heating, etc.

Also, some of these unseen feedbacks could conceivably reverse a good portion of the warming for all we know.

This seems like a reasonable post and at least throws a nod to the speculative nature of the whole thing. The truth is, there is probably much more we don't know about this than what we do know.

Denying humans play any role is just as foolish as unequivocally predicting the demise of the planet. The real issue to get at is what can realistically be done? And so far, not a lot of realism seems to be finding its way into the debate

But also keep in mind that not all effects would be bad: greener earth/bigger crops quite possible, fewer deaths and less inconvenience from cold/winter storms, lower heating bills/less energy needed for heating, etc.

Also, some of these unseen feedbacks could conceivably reverse a good portion of the warming for all we know.

basic physics ... action ---> reaction ...

Look at how warm it now is in the Arctic relative to long term averages: the pattern of near normal summers to very warm autumns continues unabated so far:

265D6DDA-5916-4813-AA10-CB1A5756EF3A.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back