• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above preindustrial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When, pre-industrial? How does anyone know what the temperature of the globe was in 1700? 1800? or even 1200? How many scientists believe that global temperatures are going rise so fast and with such magnitude that all life on the planet will be in jeopardy? Just because we foolishly built a ton of cities and development in low lying areas doesn't make global warming a catastrophe. Many of these areas are subject to many risks unrelated to rising water levels. They are Tsunami prone, hurricane prone, alligator and snake prone, etc. If we would just not build in these areas, would we still feel the same sense of concern over global warming?

I'm glad it's not global cooling by the way. That would be truly catastrophic very quickly.

Yea they keep kicking that can down the road just like we do with snow. Ice is melting bla bla

When the Thwaites glacier collapses all hell is going to break loose as sea level will rise over 2 feet just from that alone and then several more feet as the ice sheet behind starts dumping into the ocean. It's a domino effect that would cause a very rapid sea level rise with no time to prepare.

When the Thwaites glacier collapses all hell is going to break loose as sea level will rise over 2 feet just from that alone and then several more feet as the ice sheet behind starts dumping into the ocean. It's a domino effect that would cause a very rapid sea level rise with no time to prepare.

Let’s go!

TWC running a segment right now on 2021 being the warmest year in over 100 years. Theyre urging Congress to pass the BBB bill that will provide lifesaving cooling to urban areas that dont have the infrastructure to combat the rapid global warming.

TWC running a segment right now on 2021 being the warmest year in over 100 years. Theyre urging Congress to pass the BBB bill that will provide lifesaving cooling to urban areas that dont have the infrastructure to combat the rapid global warming.
Maybe they should try to change where the temperature is taken. That would solve a lot of the problems that they say we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back