• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

Cloud deck is real close to over taking the entire upstate of SC. Will limit radiational cooling...we may struggle to get to 35 unless the I85 wall can slow her down!
Screenshot_20201215-172853_Chrome.jpg

I never said a big ice storm. I said the potential is there with CAD already over performing. We get it you are dome and gloom 24/7.
I'm not going to go back through this thread to find the 0.5" you said northern Spartanburg County would get. Thats a big ice storm there. I just follow what the data tells me and if that's doom and gloom so be it. The NWS must be doom and gloom too because they haven't even felt the need to issue any kind of advisory or even special weather statement for the county.

I still think you foothill folks can do well with this event. That low (that will kill the Washington folks) shouldn't have any affect on you. Dew points are high right now but you should be able to feed into lower dew points to the north during the event. We've seen this in the past where locations closest to the mountains (in the foothills) can overperform; maybe even into SC / Ne Ga.

I'm not going to go back through this thread to find the 0.5" you said northern Spartanburg County would get. Thats a big ice storm there. I just follow what the data tells me and if that's doom and gloom so be it. The NWS must be doom and gloom too because they haven't even felt the need to issue any kind of advisory or even special weather statement for the county.
Yep. Look at that call map with 0.5” in northern Spartanburg. We get it, you complain and hug whatever model shows the worst solution. And we always love to hear the apparent drought that boiling springs SC supposedly has ever summer too.

Attachments

• 13350CB4-9D51-4433-862B-0B31A582DAB9.png
    13350CB4-9D51-4433-862B-0B31A582DAB9.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
I still think you foothill folks can do well with this event. That low (that will kill the Washington folks) shouldn't have any affect on you. Dew points are high right now but you should be able to feed into lower dew points to the north during the event. We've seen this in the past where locations closest to the mountains (in the foothills) can overperform; maybe even into SC / Ne Ga.
Just hit 39/29 been dropping steady from a high of 47 at 3PM. Going to get interesting here on the escarpment that's for sure.

Back