• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

RAH added a little bit of freezing rain back into my grid forecast for overnight.

And they do have this for counties just outside the Advisory counties:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Hazardous Weather Outlook...UPDATED
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
352 PM EST Tue Dec 15 2020

NCZ009-010-026-041-073>077-161000-
Vance-Warren-Franklin-Wake-Stanly-Montgomery-Moore-Lee-Harnett-
352 PM EST Tue Dec 15 2020

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central North Carolina.

.DAY ONE...This afternoon and tonight.

A brief period of sleet or a wintry mix is possible late tonight into
early Wednesday morning. No accumulation is expected. Otherwise,
hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

$$

Currently in Pittsboro its 38. Interesting to see just how much that HP can bring down dry cold air. Me and my Jeep Wrangler are ready!! Wish I had committed to going to visit family in PA.

What the ....??? What is the Euro smoking. Paging @Webberweather53.....

That's actually a deformation band that forms on the backside of the low as it starts to pass NC. Almost 100% sure that won't happen but would be hilarious to see as the low-deep layer cold advection would kill off the CAD (again doubtful but lol)

Geez, 18z euro has this almost over RIC. Wonder if the PHL to NYC goes sleet or frzn as this moves north.

View attachment 57957

They're 100% going over to mixed precip, the signs have been there for that the past few days, now it's beyond obvious. The amount of warm advection and veering they're gonna see is insane.

That's actually a deformation band that forms on the backside of the low as it starts to pass NC. Almost 100% sure that won't happen but would be hilarious to see as the low-deep layer cold advection would kill off the CAD (again doubtful but lol)
Why are you sure that a deformation band wont happen ?

Back