• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

That's actually a deformation band that forms on the backside of the low as it starts to pass NC. Almost 100% sure that won't happen but would be hilarious to see as the low-deep layer cold advection would kill off the CAD (again doubtful but lol)

Maybe there could be some IP with it ? That cool layer is extremely marginal around 925mb however 08C57323-C8FD-41DD-9F40-AE97FB09DDF9.png66297ADC-D120-413A-A728-2B972478E1C1.png

They're 100% going over to mixed precip, the signs have been there for that the past few days, now it's beyond obvious. The amount of warm advection and veering they're gonna see is insane.

Lol. And ALL met's are calling for a foot plus with near blizzard conditions. Hell, at this rate you may have to go to Scranton to get all snow. I am okay with this.

Here in my neck of the upstate, I'm sitting at 43/32. Just not falling quick enough. That wedge would have to do some Magic to get us down anywhere near anything Frozen. Not so sure I see it happening.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I feel ya bro. The upstate SUX for winter weather and that's just the truth. Clouds literally rolled in here at 5:45. Temp is 43 and holding. How do the clouds never wait until midnight?

Congrats Burlington Alamance County. NwS says it was snowing at 6:45pm LOL.
Burlington Alamance Regional Airport (KBUY)
Lat: 36.05°NLon: 79.47°WElev: 604ft.
nsn.png

Light Snow
37°F
3°C
Humidity62%
Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
Barometer30.25 in (1024.7 mb)
Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
Visibility9.00 mi
Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Last update15 Dec 6:54 pm EST

Lol. And ALL met's are calling for a foot plus with near blizzard conditions. Hell, at this rate you may have to go to Scranton to get all snow. I am okay with this.
I'm pretty sure NYC is still getting close to a foot of snow even with mixing. Or at least the NW suburbs for sure. NYC is a lock to get at least 8".

Congrats Burlington Alamance County. NwS says it was snowing at 6:45pm LOL.
Burlington Alamance Regional Airport (KBUY)
Lat: 36.05°NLon: 79.47°WElev: 604ft.
nsn.png

Light Snow
37°F
3°C
Humidity62%
Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
Barometer30.25 in (1024.7 mb)
Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
Visibility9.00 mi
Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Last update15 Dec 6:54 pm EST
Nothing here! KBUY has been wonky, didn't somebody say that it reported snow twice this morning?

Im in Powell Place subd. I'll be up to see anything frozen.

We are in the Asbury area. Sitting at 35/29 right now. Pretty sure we won’t see anything frozen unless a miracle happens in the next few hours. I’m up at 5am but seeing models I’m sure it’s not going to happen. Of course but unless all the models are wrong, we are out on this one.

Back