• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

Yeah I’d go somewhere around Harrisburg or even State College. 10:1 ratio maps are completely useless in a storm like this and local NWS WFOs on the 95 corridor are using them like they’re going out of style. Ugh

View attachment 57743

Well, at least we can all live in serenity knowing that the major MA and NE cities will won’t be submerged in 12-36 inches of snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, so seems like the confluence is getting stronger allowing a stronger high pressure, but the wave is becoming a tad more amped (but weirdly strung out ?/further north again closely looking at this, hopefully we don’t get no south trend/slower wave again while trending to stronger Confluence because that would cause more issues EBBAAFE6-0534-47B8-935B-5141EADAEFAB.gif

Chase West Virginia if you don’t want to be disappointed. Snow is already on the ground so can’t go wrong if the whole thing goes out to sea. Looks decent for West Virginia esp north-eastern sections.

As I would expect, snow totals slashed across the board from NWS Blacksburg. Went from widespread 2” to a dusting. Winter Storm Watch everyone north of Mount Airy for now.

As I would expect, snow totals slashed across the board from NWS Blacksburg. Went from widespread 2” to a dusting. Winter Storm Watch everyone north of Mount Airy for now.

Surprised Grayson and Patrick counties are not in the watch!

Ouch for DC! I don’t feel that bad for then though. I do miss the good ole days when the wedge would extend all the way to NE metro Atlanta. When even was the last time that occurred and produced a major winter storm? Here’s to hoping this high trends stronger later on tonight, but my hopes are limited. Good luck everyone. And congrats on those who do manage to score.

Th
Ouch for DC! I don’t feel that bad for then though. I do miss the good ole days when the wedge would extend all the way to NE metro Atlanta. When even was the last time that occurred and produced a major winter storm? Here’s to hoping this high trends stronger later on tonight, but my hopes are limited. Good luck everyone. And congrats on those who do manage to score.

The last time I remember a wedge working all the way down to Atlanta was February 2014 and that actually managed to get all the way into NE Alabama.

Even to NE Alabama....o' the 70's :)

Had same exact thoughts seeing that on Twitter. So odd.

Makes no sense. Love Brad. Great met, especially during severe weather. And ironically he's a snow lover much like all of us. I think it stems back from a couple of years ago when he busted, calling for 6-8 inches and we ended up with maybe an inch of slush. Can't remember the year.

Chase West Virginia if you don’t want to be disappointed. Snow is already on the ground so can’t go wrong if the whole thing goes out to sea. Looks decent for West Virginia esp north-eastern sections.
Yea, I looked at the snowshoe webcam this AM and it looked like they had half a foot fresh and it was ripping. Meant to check back later but forgot.

Makes no sense. Love Brad. Great met, especially during severe weather. And ironically he's a snow lover much like all of us. I think it stems back from a couple of years ago when he busted, calling for 6-8 inches and we ended up with maybe an inch of slush. Can't remember the year.
It was February 2015 when he forecasted 7-10” for the metro area, and then January 2017 when he was going with 5-8”... both of those times the city ended up with only a couple inches and the southern Mecklenburg into Union County got less than an inch. Ever since those two storms he’s been very conservative. It’s a complete reversal from how he used to be. I remember back in December 2010, he guaranteed a white Christmas for Charlotte 4 days out and then sweating bullets when the models lost the storm 72 hrs out only to bring back in the last 24 hours

Back