• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

Don’t look now, but even the GFS is expanding the icing. Showing all of the huntersville/LKN area in the freezing rain all the way up to Alamance county.
Wtf your not lying lol, looks like the RGEM, is the GFS cold biased as well because it’s been surprisingly cold with this wedge ? It used to be the GFSs poor handling of it E4E0F680-A153-47B2-890B-75CB49C0BD7E.png

Wtf your not lying lol, looks like the RGEM, is the GFS cold biased as well because it’s been surprisingly cold with this wedge ? It used to be the GFSs poor handling of it View attachment 57917
Always seemed to do bad with CAD events before, too warm and couldn’t find the wedge. CMC has been the best global model in the past handling these events.

Wtf your not lying lol, looks like the RGEM, is the GFS cold biased as well because it’s been surprisingly cold with this wedge ? It used to be the GFSs poor handling of it View attachment 57917

Wow

That would put me into play, that and the Canadian. Maybe this wedge ends up over performing. It has been known to happen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what made that run different
The parent high has trended stronger but that’s all I see 9CFC2427-9D7F-4AFE-8D92-0F7A61E30B26.gif

Come on man. This is not happening for us. I guess you'll have to awake to a cold rain to believe it
Speak for yourself. When your DP are that far off already, CAD is notorious for over performing, and the fact that there's a strong HP on the US border, I will take my chances.

Speak for yourself. When your DP are that far off already, CAD is notorious for over performing, and the fact that there's a strong HP on the US border, I will take my chances.

Exactly. Not that this is our storm. But if we can get a wedge to bring 40’s in mid April- the ones that extend all the way to Atlanta- while Alabama is getting severe weather. I’d think we can make something happen in mid December.

That CAD better start doing some work fast then. Wetbulb is 39 right now and the clouds are almost here which will limit our radiational cooling. You're going to need that to get the temp down to Wetbulb 32 because the dews are still way too high even if they are colder than modeling.

Come on man. This is not happening for us. I guess you'll have to awake to a cold rain to believe it

Most of us are not within ten miles of one another. If it’s not happening for you it doesn’t mean we stop discussing it. US = Southeast U.S. from Texas to VA. You = ?

That CAD better start doing some work fast then. Wetbulb is 39 right now and the clouds are almost here which will limit our radiational cooling. You're going to need that to get the temp down to Wetbulb 32 because the dews are still way too high even if they are colder than modeling.
The sun literally is just setting. You’re acting like the temperature is in the 60’s. I’m sitting at 44 with plenty of RC to go

Most of us are not within ten miles of one another. If it’s not happening for you it doesn’t mean we stop discussing it. US = Southeast U.S. from Texas to VA. You = ?

I didn't say that it wasn't happening for anyone. I directy replied to a poster right here near me that thinks we're getting a big ice storm here.

Back