• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

Brad upping his wording View attachment 57557

Whoohoo! I'm just inside the pink (south of Statesville along 77)! What do I win?

Brad P ought to stick to his guns if he thinks it's only a nuisance event. I'm sticking to my guns that I seriously doubt I'm getting anywhere near .25 of ice accrual.

Align that map pretty much with 85/north and make a circle for a more significant area in the foothills and there’s the finished product
Yeah I’d probably push the ZR-RN line a little further SE but keep it just barely NW of CLT-RDU, maybe add an additional area just outside that for trace ZR or IP. GSO-Statesville-Hickory-Marion and pts north and west id go with at least 0.1-0.2” ZR with potential for 0.25”-0.3” or so and numerous-widespread power outages

I’m gonna wait until at least tonight’s 0z suite to produce a first call map, gonna need to see what effect if any this vort actually moving over the us RAOB network has on NWP

Back