• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

The same, it weirdly warms up surface temps before precip moves in during the night....
Is it weird though ? Looks like Tuesday night temps drop as it will be clear . Perhaps the Euro is just showing the onset of a low level system and some wind stirring up what would have been a perfect night of radiational cooling which results in the rise in temps as precip and clouds ( wind?!) arrive ?

Is it weird though ? Looks like Tuesday night temps drop as it will be clear . Perhaps the Euro is just showing the onset of a low level system and some wind stirring up what would have been a perfect night of radiational cooling which results in the rise in temps as precip and clouds ( wind?!) arrive ?
Anyone have a link to current soil temps?

Anyone have a link to current soil temps?
_soil

Here’s my first call map (blend of the NAM/GFS/CMC/RGEM/UK/ICON)
*note this could get warmer or I could get more aggressive, depends on trends the next 2 days !*
-thinking for Right near Charlotte and north, a glaze to .10 with a few sleet pellets is possible, this extends into the upstate and perhaps GA
-as you get towards LKN/huntersville up the 85 corridor to High point/GSO, you start increasing to 0.1 to 0.2 and perhaps 0.25 of ice along with some sleet, also @Sleet City USA favorite place landrum SC and those areas in the extreme northern upstate stand a better chance more ice
-As you get towards hickory/statesville up to the I-40 corridor, the chances of a more significant ice storm (0.25>) increase along with maybe up to 0.25 of sleet as those areas will be around 29-31 B3B5D810-17C2-4CA2-8F86-692D394D946F.jpeg

My prediction. Ice storm for the areas in red and further north. We will see.

Attachments

• 1B5629D8-77A7-4477-805B-B0463F756E0A.jpeg
    1B5629D8-77A7-4477-805B-B0463F756E0A.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 64
Here’s my first call map (blend of the NAM/GFS/CMC/RGEM/UK/ICON)
*note this could get warmer or I could get more aggressive, depends on trends the next 2 days !*
-thinking for Right near Charlotte and north, a glaze to .10 with a few sleet pellets is possible, this extends into the upstate and perhaps GA
-as you get towards LKN/huntersville up the 85 corridor to High point/GSO, you start increasing to 0.1 to 0.2 and perhaps 0.25 of ice along with some sleet, also @Sleet City USA favorite place landrum SC and those areas in the extreme northern upstate stand a better chance more ice
-As you get towards hickory/statesville up to the I-40 corridor, the chances of a more significant ice storm (0.25>) increase along with maybe up to 0.25 of sleet as those areas will be around 29-31 View attachment 57572

Ollie is that your map? [mention]Ollie Williams [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1607911265360.png
Here's my first call. I think along and North of I40 and Northeast of I26 is likely to see a significant ice storm. Widespread .25 here with isolated .4 of ICE in some valleys where CAD will likely hold on for the duration of the storm. I think the Triad, along and south of I40, and the prime CAD areas of SC likely get a decent storm out of this as well. TR, Taylors, Landrum, Inman, Greer, Chesnee, Boiling Springs, Gaffney, Lyman/Welford especially will likely see a decent storm. Greenville, Southern Spartanburg, Union, Simpsonville, CLT, and just east of the Triad should see at least a glaze to up to .1 of ICE. These CADs always hold on longer than models show, and usually over perform. I still don't think we will get a good feel until the 12z suite tomorrow from the mesoscale models.

Back