• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

Roads get messy even if there's basically any ZR accumulation whatsoever. As little as a few-several hundredths of an inch of freezing drizzle is all it takes for accidents to start piling up on area roadways, especially on bridges/overpasses.
Doesn't a lot of it depend on the time of day ? I imagine radiation from the sun even on a cloudy day can make the roads warmer if temps are marginal.

I understand the sentiment for wanting the MA and NE to get the shaft, but right now I want them to get buried and build up as much snowpack as possible, so that it will help our airmass for future opportunities
But what if all of their snowpack melts before the SE has any more opportunities ? Honestly snowpack in the NE and MA does not benefit most of the SE. I would much rather have snow pack in the Plains and Midwest.

Doesn't a lot of it depend on the time of day ? I imagine radiation from the sun even on a cloudy day can make the roads warmer if temps are marginal.
On bridges and overpasses where ice accrues first on roadways in ice events, the road temp on a cloudy day will be close to the air temp

But what if all of their snowpack melts before the SE has any more opportunities ? Honestly snowpack in the NE and MA does not benefit most of the SE. I would much rather have snow pack in the Plains and Midwest.
Of course you would in Alabama and yes I want to see plenty of snowpack in the Plains and Midwest as well. However, for those of us that live in the CAD regions, snowpack in the NE and MA is very beneficial. Most of our great CAD storms like February 2014 have had great snowpack over the Northeast.

Gotta give credit to the CMCE, it’s held with this for about 5 days now, and about that time ago it was the most bullish/by itself before other things caught on F49617FA-1B31-4592-B6E9-BD6F29BDCF57.png606AF6A3-C042-4418-A964-CC40AA5FCE19.png

Gotta give credit to the CMCE, it’s held with this for about 5 days now, and about that time ago it was the most bullish/by itself before other things caught on View attachment 57518View attachment 57520
Wow, there are actually like 15 ish members putting RDU into play. Still don't quite buy that with this setup, but interesting nonetheless for perhaps a short period of at least something.

18z NAM is up to something... HP placement.
6eeb7c785ba7f9494f77e590f2237e13.jpg

680d6399198583b23aa83e29939cea19.jpg

18z vs 12z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAM is colder through 60. Already at 33 in the northern upstate and precip has not started yet for a couple more hours.

Back