• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

27661666_2008012749226373_1991724230_n.png

gfs_z500_vort_us_18.png gfs_z500_vort_us_20.png gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_18.png gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_20.png GFS looked better I think at H5 this run in regards to early next week system...slp track not ideal for majority here right now but surely will change.

Yea 0z icon and the ggem both with lows in Gulf than the GFS running through southern portions of Gulf states.gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_19.png

Here's the final snow accumulation map for the mid-upper level s/w that provided a burst of snow to much of NC early yesterday morning. The heaviest snow fell along I-40 from Hillsborough to Winston-Salem, snow even fell as far south & east as Fayetteville & New Bern!
January 29-30 2018 NC Snowmap .png

Close to having some snow here this weekend on the models. Looks a little too warm right now.

The 6z GEFS probably isn't going to be as good as the recent ones as the GFS itself was a dud run on the potential future cold (I don't have the time to try to look at why). That said I'll look at it and see if there is anything that contradicts this.

edit: yup. The GEFS usually doesn't contradict the GFS by that much. Hopefully, it's like what we saw in December in the long range with trouble with deciding between warm and cold.

Back