• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

I really wish you hadn't of posted that.... that is just pure weather fantasy right there.
They asked for it lol

As you know clown maps mean nothing at this point. They are only fun to look at . The key is watching how the models handle the different short waves . I bet we see some wild runs over the coming 5 days

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

fb2e857d817f6e556198654bc585cc65.jpg
31704714178af41e4d3ba0fa5ef501c9.jpg

Holy cr*p!! Yes, I mean for MBY. This is showing even more activity here than any of the runs showed 11-15 days out ahead of the historic 1/3/18. I'm telling myself that I've already had my once in a generation winter storm and not to look for another for a long time. Ok, I'm still not looking for another of those but dang, those are clearly giving me a not so subtle tingle that an extremely rare 2nd measurable event is not completely out of the realm of reasonable possibilities and the 2nd week of Feb is THE very peak of climo frequencywise. I mean 8 of 22 showing measurable wintry way down here where it very rarely happens? And I'm just going to ignore that?
By the way, I realize those include ZR.

gfs has storm after storm marching through the south unfortunately no cold air to work with.
That seems to be the theme of all these systems except in Tennessee. The energy is different each run, but we are losing time to get a solid wave. These things are messes and aren't digging, slowing, or pulling enough cold air down.

Don’t mean to be upsetting but after reviewing several days of models and other weather features from all models!!
The forecasted Cold don’t look as pronounced! Actually the GFS have been trending toward the Euro with more Zonal Flow!

Don’t mean to be upsetting but after reviewing several days of models and other weather features from all models!!
The forecasted Cold don’t look as pronounced! Actually the GFS have been trending toward the Euro with more Zonal Flow!
giphy.gif

They asked for it lol

As you know clown maps mean nothing at this point. They are only fun to look at . The key is watching how the models handle the different short waves . I bet we see some wild runs over the coming 5 days

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Honestly it's one of the best long range ensemble runs I've seen that I can remember for MBY. Like you said, I'm not sure if it means much or not other than cool/cold and active the next 10 days +. Considering the GEFS is all alone too makes you pause.

Usually stop in Gainesville and eat at the Boston Market by UF and the mall. Seems warm but you are right, not Daytona warm.
When my oldest son was born (on Jan 31, no less), that's where I ate at 3:00 AM ... How ironic!
If you want some better food, scoot further down Newberry Road about 2 miles east to BallyHoo (on your left about 1/4 mile past 43rd, just past the Plaza) ... not out of your way and fabulous seafood and other fine eats ...
:cool:
Best!
Phil

Back