• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

A "Ferrocious February" run of the 12z GEFS! I'll cash out with this look. The weatherbell clown maps are going to be off the charts.
snod.conus.png
Strong signal for sure.

Man looking at the gefs members there will be no downtime the 4th-10th on this site

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Good then enjoy the present as you have five or so days of the optimist version of me before I decend to the dark corners of negativity.

#whatIdoforsnow

The GEFS says like or hate the pattern, it isn't going anywhere anytime soon after it sets up.

We will end up dead by spring if every week becomes like next week for a month or so.

Yeah it's pretty safe to say the GEFS took the Euro out to the shed on this one which is why I'm leaning a bit more heavily on the GEFS in the longer term for once (& one of the few times I ever will) over the EPS
Hope it makes it to Phase 8.

Yeah it's pretty safe to say the GEFS took the Euro out to the shed on this one which is why I'm leaning a bit more heavily on the GEFS in the longer term for once (& one of the few times I ever will) over the EPS

I just hope that the pulse doesn't die out in phase 7 as both the GFS and EURO seem to be doing to it right now.

edit: ninja'd by rain-cold...

Good then enjoy the present as you have five or so days of the optimist version of me before I decend to the dark corners of negativity.

#whatIdoforsnow
I'm already questioning whether I should just punt the first half of February as it looks too far away for N GA or hold out and wait and see. Things look like a bunch of cold rain at the moment, but at least the rain is better than the dry.

I'm already questioning whether I should just punt the first half of February as it looks too far away for N GA or hold out and wait and see. Things look like a bunch of cold rain at the moment, but at least the rain is better than the dry.
Maybe punt the first 10 days, then it looks like there could be some magic!

The targeted change to cold dominating continues to be during the 2nd week in Feb as per the PNA/AO/MJO though today's GEFS AO day 14 forecast is less -AO.

Punt the first 10 days. But a new rule is in place , if you punt your blocked for those days . Which means when this place is popping middle of next week you won t be able to post

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Maybe punt the first 10 days, then it looks like there could be some magic!
Hopefully. However, I have that feeling that I have had all the snow I can this year, having 3 measurable events. A fourth would be great, but I don't think 4 snowfalls up here is all that common. It's likely extremely rare in my opinion.

That suggests Houston and much of the Gulf coast has shot at a THIRD measurable wintry event this winter. I'm educatedly guessing that if that were to actually occur that that would be a record for many along that coast. I'm assuming this map includes ZR but am not sure.
Looks like it may suggest a classic Southeast snowstorm as well. I'm just sayin.

Back