• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Wish that cold would dip down a few hundred miles and a little sooner.

gfs_z500_vort_us_25.png

It's always at the end of the run always out in fantasy land. The GEFS will make me feel better because it did have that same system

Last edited:
That suggests Houston and much of the Gulf coast has shot at a THIRD measurable wintry event this winter. I'm educatedly guessing that if that were to actually occur that that would be a record for many along that coast. I'm assuming this map includes ZR but am not sure.

Wish that cold would dip down a few hundred miles and a little sooner.

gfs_z500_vort_us_25.png

No chance on the cold dipping down sooner IMO. Really we need this vort to slow down. GFS looks too fast here anyway. I’ll be interested when the modeling figures out timing and/or speed of the s/w. It has yet to do that. If we get this later into Monday night, that would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Euro continues to move the goal posts on the MJO pulse over the Western Pacific as I expected. The MJO amplitude is likely already above 3.5 sigma, the Australian BOM data already placed the MJO at about 3.4 sigma 2 days ago. It's safe to say the GEFS spanked the EPS in this particular case.
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/mjo/graphics/rmm.74toRealtime.txt

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 12.49.16 PM.png
output_2KsHna.gif

The Euro continues to move the goal posts on the MJO pulse over the Western Pacific as I expected. The MJO amplitude is likely already above 3.5 sigma, the Australian BOM data already placed the MJO at about 3.4 sigma 2 days ago. It's safe to say the GEFS spanked the EPS in this particular case.
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/mjo/graphics/rmm.74toRealtime.txt

View attachment 3597
View attachment 3596
So you're saying it's a knockout

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

c6bfed2fd0ea5ff61d49fd55c034aeb0.jpg

Need that closed lp out over the water instead of Fayetteville. The Canadian had it off shore yesterday and it went along way in improving the thermals here in NC
Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Back