• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

408 is money

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Looking them over quickly yes going into pattern change looks like best shot and the next 7_10 days after that... Similar to Dec in some ways... Quick look at 850mb's makes me think ice storm could be in the works for some potentially though as well... Plenty time to figure that at later though need the cold and active SJ all you can ask for is a chance LoL

Edit vs previous run much much better pattern setup no doubt

Looking them over quickly yes going into pattern change looks like best shot and the next 7_10 days after that... Similar to Dec in some ways... Quick look at 850mb's makes me think ice storm could be in the works for some potentially though as well... Plenty time to figure that at later though need the cold and active SJ all you can ask for is a chance LoL

Edit vs previous run much much better pattern setup no doubt

Ill take a strong +PNA/-EPO combo everytime. If some how we get some ridging into Greenland, that's gravy.

View attachment 3577 Someone explain this!? I can't even find the US! Lol
Only thing this does is to help anchor this pattern keep heights up over the EPAC we need to keep the PV near Hudson Bay or farther S a little... The PV is what will give us our cold shots as lobes peel off and drop S and E

00558A63-645A-4289-A264-1DBDEB95B97E.jpeg
Absolutely, but might as well shoot for the stars. I'd actually just like to see what would happen.
LoL well wonder if anyone saw a SE Ridge that was trending here last week by some heheee...psst never was gonna be and not one of any consequence anytime soon...so hopefully nail in that coffin

Any slow and low did just fine for most of the Deep South

Attachments

• 2FF0FC1D-73F4-4C61-AC9D-5D9AD905D6C6.jpeg
    2FF0FC1D-73F4-4C61-AC9D-5D9AD905D6C6.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 28
The 0z GFS hasn't even ran yet lol. I know, we're itching to give it the go ahead on tracking but its still let's wait a while longer.

The 0z GFS hasn't even ran yet lol. I know, we're itching to give it the go ahead on tracking but its still let's wait a while longer.
I agree, and nobody start a thread yet. If it still looks good for the Feb 2nd flakes on the 31st, then let there be a thread. If not, then another one goes in the trash. As for the others, if we see all models aboard for 2 days straight, then go ahead and start one.

Did the GFS show anything again for next week?
Through next Tuesday AM from 18 Z

gfs_asnow_neus_31.png

If it is like late Dec, next weeks system will end up squashed. Just concerned about patterns repeating and more cold and dry for interior sections. I have burned so much wood this year and really only a couple of glorified dustings.

If it is like late Dec, next weeks system will end up squashed. Just concerned about patterns repeating and more cold and dry for interior sections. I have burned so much wood this year and really only a couple of glorified dustings.
Pattern is not as supressed as early January, through about next 10 days, it could go more supressed into mid-late February though.

Back