• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

I don't know what people are seeing,but from what I'm seeing with the MJO going to a strong phase 7 and model trends,the Southeast may stay warm for most of February with the cold staying west of the Appalachian mountains.Not completely sure yet,but I'm not liking the trends.

I don't know what people are seeing,but from what I'm seeing with the MJO going to a strong phase 7 and model trends,the Southeast may stay warm for most of February with the cold staying west of the Appalachian mountains.Not completely sure yet,but I'm not liking the trends.
But we have the PNA and the AO where we want it

I do not mean this in any negative way; look at the forecast that Webb posted and count the dots from today ... it'll give you a pretty good indication ... :cool:

I gotcha I just wasn't sure exactly what those were so I didn't want to look at it wrong

Lol day 9 GFS has a ridge and CMC a trough in the SE. hard to trust any model after day 7 with upcoming pattern. My money is on the cold, winter patterns tend to repeat and we’ve since this a lot already folks.

ice storm setting up
27495954_2003789536315361_1332876277_n.png

Again, we need to get that storm or possibly wave at day 6/7 out of the way before making any future conclusions...

Truly not sure the GFS knows what the heck it's doing. I'm going to be lazy and not look at H5 here, but it has a massive storm on the surface that takes from about 192 to 336 to develop and then go away.

Back