• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

I feel like we've done this same thing quite a bit the last few years big ridge goes up in the Pacific models try to drive the energy into the SW and we get a SE ridge. Then as we step forward in time the trough axis is farther east and the SE ridge is muted an off shore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

By day 12 on the GEFS really is moving the polar vortex low in a good spot with good blocking. Would be nice if the EPS showed this but the GEFS has shown this for a few runs now.

gfs-ens_z500trend_namer_fh300_trend.gif

And keep in mind this is before the PV even gets going south. Feb 5th onward is the timeframe folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spann has been hinting at this for a while now.

SOMETHING TO WATCH: Keep an eye on brutally cold air over Siberia; no threat to North America now, but if a cross polar flow forms in coming weeks, that could spell trouble for Canada and possibly parts of the U.S.

Spann has been hinting at this for a while now.

SOMETHING TO WATCH: Keep an eye on brutally cold air over Siberia; no threat to North America now, but if a cross polar flow forms in coming weeks, that could spell trouble for Canada and possibly parts of the U.S.

Bring it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which cherry picked ensemble member did he pick to get that lie? Or did he use a multiplier?
I think he's calling out that guy , not his forecast. He's just a hoot!

Kentucky seems to be the place to be on the first one..but Tennessee may still do great too..0Z GFS for next Thu/Fri Edit: eastern NC gets some right after this,
27294570_2003058603055121_393804714_n.png

Last edited:
240hr bullseye. What could go wrong?
Yes except the gfs has been plastering the same area run after run for a number of days now. The euro also had the storm a few days ago then lost it and then brought it back today. Still I obviously don’t know how it will truly play out but I can’t remember a time where models kept nailing the same spot run after run over a week out. This thing is now 6 days out and tomorrow will be 5 unless it moves up in time as it did this run. Like I said earlier I’m not getting to excited yet but it’s getting more and more difficult with each run. If this bad boy is still showing totals like this on Sunday it will start to really suck me in.

question: if the euro only goes to 240 hours..why is there a 15 day high low meteogram available for it? where are the 15 day charts then?

Back