• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Hoping for something wintry in the tennessee valley February. Lets reel this one in folks. Let it snow, let it snow! :) theres no place to go Lol! -Storm Central
Feb/Mar 1960 redux... book it. Can you imagine weather historians in the future pouring over a winter like that?

This NS dominance is just so damn boring. It's hard for me to sit here and look at model run after model run of wasted shortwaves. What's it going to take to get that STJ pumping? Damn

The cold next weekend looks great for the northern tier at the moment as Webber mentioned. We cool off but nothing to write home about

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Someone's going to score on the 2nd or 3rd

It probably won't be anyone on the Lee side of the Apps though

With that said, the 00z GFS threw Brick a bone
image.png

GFS really trying to move the core of the cold air into eastern Canada and northeastern United States towards the end of the run. I'm liking where this is going. Let's time out a decent damming high with some gulf instability and we are in business. Goodnight peoples

GFS really trying to move the core of the cold air into eastern Canada and northeastern United States towards the end of the run. I'm liking where this is going. Let's time out a decent damming high with some gulf instability and we are in business. Goodnight peoples

This kind of reminds me of Dec. over Jan because the cold was mainly just brushing the SE for much of the month vs plunging down in Jan. IF Feb. were to turn out like Dec. for the bulk of it, that would be somewhat encouraging for well inland folks' winter storm chance though not encouraging for the snow-starved midlands of SC (and of course further S).

0z Euro showing a slow building block in the NW Arctic, unless I'm seeing things. Should bode well down the line for Conus cold:
ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_8.png

As usual, Gfs is the donkey, trust Euro at this range for overall pattern placement. Gfs: Glancing blows, Euro: stouter glancing blows. Let's see who wins, and what about precip?

what happened to the cold lol
what happened to the cold in Dec... took several weeks for the bulk of it to come down, snow totals be damned.

Edit: I'm trying to be optimistic for the late night crowd. Last call and all.

what happened to the cold in Dec... took several weeks for the bulk of it to come down, snow totals be damned.

Edit: I'm trying to be optimistic for the late night crowd. Last call and all.

Make February Great Again

Back