• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Euro control run has a trailing wave that drops snow in northern Northern North Carolina into Virginia. They have free EPS members
available.

http://wx.graphics/models/ecmwf/eps_ensembles.php

eps_slp_qpf_c01_conus_264.png
I looked at that don't know if it was snow or not but it came across middle Georgia too. Let me know if it would be cold enough for snow according to that run. Ik it's too early but this could be our first real chance for snow in Feb

Can we just fast forward to the end of next week? Looks like business is about to pick up again then.

To my friends in Tn, Miss and Ala, I wouldn't run out to buy milk or bread just yet. As for Bastardi's comment, he could be right in general terms (mainly Md and north) but not sure the SE will get in to the cold stormy period with some help from the NAO. Remember his focus has always been the big cities of the MA and NE and he is talking primarily about cold for that market IMO

To my friends in Tn, Miss and Ala, I wouldn't run out to buy milk or bread just yet. As for Bastardi's comment, he could be right in general terms (mainly Md and north) but not sure the SE will get in to the cold stormy period with some help from the NAO. Remember his focus has always been the big cities of the MA and NE and he is talking primarily about cold for that market IMO
He specifically talks about snow and ice reaching the gulf coast, so, no, that's not about Maryland north.
Also here posts about Atlanta in mid Feb. being -14C, or about 7 F
DUTozGYWkAE_AVs.jpg:large

Back