• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

This cold air intrusion isn't just talk on a weather forum now. I've seen other media outlets mention the upper midwest having a cold shot incoming.

The ICON looked bad. I'm afraid we will be screwed unless we get those negative heights over the Pacific.
View attachment 70565
Remember what model you’re looking at .. the icon is just for pretty looks .. it should never be thought to be a superior model .. just something extra to look at

You have to believe if you get moisture north of I85 Sunday morning. Temps are marginal but it’s probably a rain/Snow mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feels like we're kicking the can down the road today. The frigid cold and the storms keep getting pushed back. We can't believe anything the models show outside 5 days.

There has been at least some snow cover above 4500’ in the NC mountains for 65 of the 67 days since November 29. An epic winter so far.

Advice is to get over and enjoy it outdoors as good periods like this do not occur every year.

For almost 18 years now, Snow has been a very brief rare nuisance type event outside of the mountains and the far NW corner of the state west of I-77. In previous years good blocking patterns such as this winter always worked outside of the mountains but not this year. Definitely not like it used to be.

Back