• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Dang. Throwing in the towel just like that. Man things change fast down here.

Attachments

• 4F2FD7A0-A688-48AD-B1E7-9DBBD78990C1.jpeg
    4F2FD7A0-A688-48AD-B1E7-9DBBD78990C1.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 197
It's wild how certain Mets, weather enthusiast, and obviously weather apps have like a 12-24 hour delay on their information. Meaning they will post about something off data from like the previous day. I see all the time like the overnight Euro for example being posted at like 1 pm the next afternoon. It's like, why not wait another 45 mins to use the new data? Idk, just a thought. Lol

That is a bit shocking coming from Chris justice. But it is very obvious we are only going to have seasonable cold temps. Which is fine because we don’t need single digits and teens to get snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk our seasonable temps usually cause us to be borderline rain/snow...I was hoping for some deep cold in place that if moisture did arrive, it would certainly be some winter weather. I’m tired of cold rains.
It's wild how certain Mets, weather enthusiast, and obviously weather apps have like a 12-24 hour delay on their information. Meaning they will post about something off data from like the previous day. I see all the time like the overnight Euro for example being posted at like 1 pm the next afternoon. It's like, why not wait another 45 mins to use the new data? Idk, just a thought. Lol
That is a bit shocking coming from Chris justice. But it is very obvious we are only going to have seasonable cold temps. Which is fine because we don’t need single digits and teens to get snow!

You don't need single digits and teens to get snow, but seasonal temps won't get the job done either !

It's 50/50 all next week out to mid month, Valentines Day. Models have played Lucy one to many times with me over the years to buy into their LR pipe dreams. See if the trend swings back to Vodka Cold making it east of the Apps for early next week first and foremost. Not uncommon to see waffles and also not uncommon to get the football yanked out from underneath you as well. Jury is still out.

We are going into day 3 Feb. For GSO we are -3.5 and for NC we will spend most of our days a tick or two under normal through mid month. But I caution everyone into buying a big artic press making its way all the way down south. Looks promising, barking. But It can also sit right at the front porch doorstep and stop without coming on in and staying a while. Which leaves us with bleeding cold. Which may be just enough to get us some snow if a storm comes along or just enough to get us surface cold/ice - cold rain.

Just like it did with this weekends cold, but Shhh... don't talk about that or beware the weenies banish you to the Whamby thread...

It's nice to see some alignment and maybe better sustainment but this stuff is nearly 10 days away (again). I'll be reserved to see what next the few days bring considering the slide-out we've witnessed over last 72hrs on the models.

Where did he say he was "throwing in the towel" and on what? Winter or next weeks "historic artic outbreak".... dude just stated what the models are showing "backing off on the cold blast" but he also says "This can certainly change as this type of pattern can swing wildly". That's not "throwing in the towel", that's just posting what current modeling is showing.

I will say that temps for my area as late as three days ago were showing highs in the mid 60’s this coming Friday. As of this morning they’ve backed down a whole 10° to mid 50’s.
Yeah, I think that has been one of this winter's main themes. Warm-ups get muted as we close in. Of course, that is typical with arctic outbreaks also. We're seeing that to an extent this year too. But eventually the 7s will line up. Blocking looks to hold strong. It's really only a matter of time before we actually get cold, IMO.

Yeah, I think that has been one of this winter's main themes. Warm-ups get muted as we close in. Of course, that is typical with arctic outbreaks also. We're seeing that to an extent this year too. But eventually the 7s will line up. Blocking looks to hold strong. It's really only a matter of time before we actually get cold, IMO.

The models always do this, the cold is coming, the pattern is going to be excellent for SE snowstorms....the models almost always are to quick with the big cold and to fast with warm ups.....I am pretty confident the next several weeks are gonna be fun....the highlighted part is the thing people need to focus on.....

I will say that temps for my area as late as three days ago were showing highs in the mid 60’s this coming Friday. As of this morning they’ve backed down a whole 10° to mid 50’s.
I honestly thought I few days ago, this Friday might be the one day that most of the Carolinas got really mild. We were looking at mid 60s in the CLT... not the forecast is for low to mid 50s

The models always do this, the cold is coming, the pattern is going to be excellent for SE snowstorms....the models almost always are to quick with the big cold and to fast with warm ups.....I am pretty confident the next several weeks are gonna be fun....the highlighted part is the thing people need to focus on.....
Exactly... and with the Siberian cold finally getting tapped into, once it comes south that blocking is gonna keep it here for a while

giphy.gif
I'll stay on the positive side and say we gonna be doing this soon

You have to wonder if this is one of the years where went everything aligns, there is two or three hits in succession.

I just worry if we get some true artic cold, like in the teens, then it's just going to be dry. It seems that much cold is like a repellent for precip for some reason. I'd like to see temps in the mid 20s to 4 or 5 degrees below freezing to get a real shot at snow around here.

Back