• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Not really. 10 days for that mix and rain to spread. the more the north gets the less we do. Lets see what future maps show.
Your most classic Miller A storms are known for bringing snow up the entire eastern seaboard. Naturally, some will get the shaft but overall it has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Will it be this storm? Impossible to say this far out.

You guys know that KATL, during the blizzard of 1993 had only 4 paltry inches, where I lived at the time in Dunwoody, we had 17 inches and 5 foot drifts. The readings at KATL are always not ever really representative of the entire Metro. If this comes to fruition then the KATL curse will be broken....HMMM
I think you may have made an error in measuring due to the snow drifts. Looks like 4-10" for Dunwoody. I was in Carrollton closer to the heavier snow and we only had 10".20210203_181216.jpg

Can’t sleep on this, this has really came to life on the models out of nowhere given a stronger medium range ridge, if we trend to more of that then it gets iffy, but this is just interesting for now 382B3969-49C4-4539-942E-2DDCB6A1DFF6.png66D94348-FB51-4A16-9777-1893B46C1AE2.png

Your most classic Miller A storms are known for bringing snow up the entire eastern seaboard. Naturally, some will get the shaft but overall it has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Will it be this storm? Impossible to say this far out.
We will see but i would be optimistic if i lived in DC to BOS

Ughhhh maybe for Wilmington but the other 2/3 of the state would be fine even with the NW trend
Yeah I was about to say, at the point that the low is off Cape Hatteras, winds are out of the north or northeast at all levels and temperatures are crashing, so any mixing that occurs would be changing back to snow as the storm exits.

Given the time frame, best fantasy run in 10 years. And it’s not even close. You can’t draw it up any better. I dare you to even try.View attachment 70789

You’re my inspiration for my latest Twitter post! If you have Twitter I’ll tag you. It’s like $GME for weather lovers Lol. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I was about to say, at the point that the low is off Cape Hatteras, winds are out of the north or northeast at all levels and temperatures are crashing, so any mixing that occurs would be changing back to snow as the storm exits.
For now, but any more NW and that changes.

I think you may have made an error in measuring due to the snow drifts. Looks like 4-10" for Dunwoody. I was in Carrollton closer to the heavier snow and we only had 10".View attachment 70794
I was like 10 years old in Polk Co. GA for the blizzard of 93 with about 13 inches and backyard that sloped downhill, you could start walking from the back porch and vanish by time you got to bottom of hill. Then we had the 12 inch snow here in Paulding County in Dec. 2017 if I somehow score another foot snowjob next week I think I will be content for the rest of my life....probably not

Well, I would have the low moving ene south of NC and not giving any snow north of richmond. that would be infinitely better.
I think you’re speaking more for se NC instead specifically. There have been countless times over the years that storms have brought heavy snow to the Carolinas and then continued up the eastern seaboard... February 2014, March 2009, January 2000 just for starters

You guys know that KATL, during the blizzard of 1993 had only 4 paltry inches, where I lived at the time in Dunwoody, we had 17 inches and 5 foot drifts. The readings at KATL are always not ever really representative of the entire Metro. If this comes to fruition then the KATL curse will be broken....HMMM
Honestly, I live in South Fulton, literally 10 minutes away from the airport. I was 9 at the time, and I know measured more then 4.2 inches recording during the Blizzard of 1993. I am totally agree with statement.

Back