• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Sunday /Monday
785f21c283c5da636629cde70e45c8c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 70786

Can someone help me decode this sounding? The frame before had 28/37 and showed snow. Am I not seeing the warm layer at the surface correctly (This is for just East of downtown Atlanta in case anyone was too lazy to google the coordinates)

You can always lose the ice nucleation zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodness, GFS and Euro have been consistent with the valentines day timeish storm. Trying not to get sucked in, but I know that I will.
Dont do it. They where consistent with big cold coming down Sunday and you see how that's panning out. Be carefull, Lucy might be setting yall up.

This front end warm makes perfect sense for deep southern snows. Many times I've heard stories of warm to snow within a week from older people.

Yeah, it’s pretty common to see, even during some of our cold snows. It’s not ideal since it messes up our ground temps, but it is a common occurrence for sure. I’ve definitely seen it warm well into the 50s or even 60s a day or two before a snowstorm on a number of occasions.

Looking past all this (take this with a grain of salt because models are already dog poop in the medium and short range but wanted to say something because it’s been consistent and I’m bored) This period looks interesting for some +PNA as the GEFS is hinting at a North Pacific jet extension as high pressure descends into Asia >>> Aleutian low >>> western ridge/+PNA maybe ?
Just mostly speculation tho 06A5554B-EC7F-4D8D-AC8D-9305094A8746.png78C40503-8468-41EF-9100-E96278F1CF72.gifC8D7E39B-6B7B-4BCD-929B-FE57691AE75F.gif764D9238-7634-4706-BF5B-DF27D9708FB4.gif

Your most classic Miller A storms are known for bringing snow up the entire eastern seaboard. Naturally, some will get the shaft but overall it has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Will it be this storm? Impossible to say this far out.
Feb 1899 pulled off the perfect track going from Texas to Maine, and dropping a butload of snow all along the way on the leading edge of a brutal arctic air mass

I am starting to feel really good about the chances of most of us getting a big winter storm starting next week. That GFS run was bonkers, but I think it has been doing a good job lately. It was the first one to pick up on the storm that we had Jan 28, and the Euro and NAM ended up following it. This next week is going to be fun seeing where this all goes.

There's a fair amount of banter in here, we really did ask nicely multiple times....I know exciting times ahead but if we are to be consistent in moderating this site there are a bunch of post that would need to be deleted, warnings handed out and we really don't want to do that. Can y'all help us please and put banter in banter?

Back