• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

The same NAM that didn't have snow for a good part of NC last week until about hour 0?

I don’t want to get in trouble for banter stuff. But this one Sunday reminds me of Feb 8th 2020. I believe the NAM really nailed that one. To me this one Sunday could still go either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SD
I don’t want to get in trouble for banter stuff. But this one Sunday reminds me of Feb 8th 2020. I believe the NAM really nailed that one. To me this one Sunday could still go either way

I don't remember that one must have stunk here. I honestly don't have a lot of confidence in any model right now given the performance at short and long range recently

Feb 8th of last night had a signal leading up to it but the night before really ramped it up. 6 inches in NGA

Yeah, it’s pretty common to see, even during some of our cold snows. It’s not ideal since it messes up our ground temps, but it is a common occurrence for sure. I’ve definitely seen it warm well into the 50s or even 60s a day or two before a snowstorm on a number of occasions.
It was in the mid-upper 60s on January 27, 2014 in NC, and that was one of the coldest snows in recent memory here. Not a very remarkable event for this area though total wise.

Feb 8th of last night had a signal leading up to it but the night before really ramped it up. 6 inches in NGA

Yep that’s the one. I got 2.5 inches in upstate sc. but was a really good snow the NAM did well with

Strong signal for 2/5 and 2/11-12, Sunday needs some work, late next week is likely the major undercutting an Artic HP, eyes should also be open for the period after it with retrograding stage right. Normally we look at front and back end, which holds true here, fitzmagic for energy (phasing parcels) undercutting the leading edge just right late next week is in play.

fd6d450052922bedaf0fb9c55fe50481.jpg

There’s the storm on euro just suppressed not bad at this range

Yeah we need it suppressed a ltl at this range. Guarantee if it vetoed at all it’d be further NW.

I'm resisting the urge to look at the clown maps after the 12z goof so as not to get too excited. From the precip maps, it looks like an absolute paste job from Jackson MS to all of the Carolina boys. Widespread 8" to 16" along I-20 through Georgia & into SC as well as up I-85.
It’s toying with my emotions something fiercely

This reminds me A LOT of the December 2017 storm for NGA. Modest signal in the short range turned into something really substantial

a lot of n ga storms seem to pop up in the shorter range (at least they used too lol). this weekend looks like it’s a possibility (of course I have low standards in ga anything over an inch is a win at this point). It would be close but most SE storms are

Back