• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG you could not ask for a better storm track...... how many times have we seen this and said give me that look in Jan/Feb and I'd call it a Winter??
Give me that look in Jan and early Feb and I think we'd be in business. Unfortunately, we're talking mid Feb here and things are warming up in a hurry.

Not jon, but on this run verbatim there is actually more cold air to work with. A stronger high is also pushing down
OK - it's this run - but dynamically, where is the cold coming from and how does it get down into the SE (not talking "cool" - a relative term)? I'd really love to know the dynamic.

Once again, a good track and no cold air. It seems to be trying to get there, but not good enough on this run either.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

This run looks way more interesting, more cold air to work with

BTW: There was interaction with this storm from the s/w that was diving in from the plains last run. I don't think there's going to be a phase this run but it got closer and I think it got a couple ticks colder again. It's very slowly getting colder, not a lot, but some.

Oh Ooo...starting to see some snow on the very northern shield of moisture at 186.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

It looks closer this run to something. Gives light snow to the far northern areas of moisture.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back