• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GEFS has been consistent in that look in the LR. I'm sure we'll still find a way to screw it up.
The has a nice ridge over AK and trough in the SE but it also has a trough along the west coast. At this point I'm down for just token flakes. Good news is it might rain tonight and wash some of the salt and sand off that's still on the roads from January

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The has a nice ridge over AK and trough in the SE but it also has a trough along the west coast. At this point I'm down for just token flakes. Good news is it might rain tonight and wash some of the salt and sand off that's still on the roads from January

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
What? You still have salt on the roads up there? All of the salt is gone from the roads here in ATL. They must've used more salt up your way, or you didn't get as much rain like we have down here since then.

(I hate salt on the roads, it's bad on your vehicle and makes the roads have holes. That's why up north there's holes all in the roads. It's like driving off road up there lol. The salt made my truck turn white from the Jan. event, well not permanently white lol.)

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Don't worry! The DGEX agrees about a small snow stripe! LOL
eta.totsnow192.gif

What? You still have salt on the roads up there? All of the salt is gone from the roads here in ATL. They must've used more salt up your way, or you didn't get as much rain like we have down here since then.

(I hate salt on the roads, it's bad on your vehicle and makes the roads have holes. That's why up north there's holes all in the roads. It's like driving off road up there lol. The salt made my truck turn white from the Jan. event, we'll not permanently white lol.)

Yep even here where I live the roads are horrible after most winters. I'm sure constantly going below freezing then back above all winter reeks havoc on them. This year I think they are safe though unfortunately.

(I hate salt on the roads, it's bad on your vehicle and makes the roads have holes. That's why up north there's holes all in the roads. It's like driving off road up there lol. The salt made my truck turn white from the Jan. event, we'll not permanently white lol.)

Yep there is still some salt and sand on the non primary roads. Its rain just hasn't been the good convective stuff that can really get whats left off

lmao the DGEX idea looks a lot like what I'm seeing on the GFS. Before that system moves into the southeast, it just sits and spins over New Mexico/Texas for a while. On a lot of runs, I remember it being a lot of wintry weather.

I've driven through Amarillo a few times and seen some big snows out there. They get some big ones for only having an average annual snowfall of 15 inches. I assume it's due to the location.

I haven't gotten much snow at all this winter, but I can tell you that I've gotten more foggy days this winter. To bad those foggy days weren't snowy days. Yeah, yeah, TX can get more snow than we can, and TX is in the lower latitudes, but they don't have to deal with the SER that far west.

I haven't gotten much snow at all this winter, but I can tell you that I've gotten more foggy days this winter. To bad those foggy days weren't snowy days. Yeah, yeah, TX can get more snow than we can, and TX is in the lower latitudes, but they don't have to deal with the SER that far west.

Plus they are a good 1000-2000 feet above most of us.

There was one day I remember back in early or mid December in which the fog was so thick it was making a middle of the afternoon day look more like it was early in the morning. It lasted all day and it just seemed so strange. While I was outside there was certain areas in which it felt warmer than others.

Just seemed spooky.

Might get some thunder tonight you know what that means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my house shaking thunder last night...No wonder I got a small fake strip of snow imby on the 18z GFS. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CR/RC - you and i sing from the same set list!

that's been my refrain/harmony line since December

bad tune , no doubt

but it's the gig we have

Our objections to this pattern have apparently been overruled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back