• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It got stuck over MT...this is different than 18z. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Now this is a clear bad difference. I tried to find one studying between the previous run, but didn't until the 126 map.

Low is in Nebraska on this run already. :(

Last run had it in TX same time as it's in Nebraska on this run.

Thought we needed a taller ridge!? Now all of a sudden, the ridge is too tall!?

I'll explain with a detailed graphic after this run, but flatter and more west is better. Tall ridge isn't going to work due to how weak the main line of vorticity is. Too tall = out to sea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit of snow breaking out over SC due to the energy that just fizzles out over the SE...doesn't even dig enough for the MA or NE to cash in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that any precip survived yet but on the 144 500 MB maps it does look like the energy just dives.

I thought holding the energy back might help us out here since we weren't going to shear the wave as much and might get it to dig a little more

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The wave itself up to 150 looked better than previous runs but this is just odd...looks more like a clipper than a system that entered from the pacific.

I thought holding the energy back might help us out here since we weren't going to shear the wave as much and might get it to dig a little more

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
not gonna be able to dig that much with such a flat flow

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

An odd trend, but the wave starts out looking better before just poofing. Now lets see if it respawns itself OTS and just spins again...

This was a strange run. I'm still going to watch it over the next several days due to model uncertainty between its ensemble an OP.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back