• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, there's a NCarolina zoom that I asked Ryan Maue to add, it's more of an up close SE zoom so you can see specifics better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right Jon. I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the gefs was an improvement no doubt. still not overwhelming but you have to start somewhere

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow, some of those members are very interesting. This could be a sign that the other models may start to get a better idea. It's still at that point of where the models are saying, "hmmmm?"

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Wait....too soon ;)

Looks like we are rolling with E2 and E14 today
Different day and a different E to roll with.....
So is there anyway of knowing what perturbation causes a specific ensemble member to show something so wildly different? I mean it's weird how one time one member might show a big dog and then the very next model run a different one and so on....

Thank you, kind sir!! And why the airport? I remember in the 60's reading of temps were stated to be from the Heart of Atlanta hotel. Can't remember if that was radio, or tv, or what, but I remember the Heart of Atlanta was used to tell what the temps were in Atl. As I recall that was down near the old Auditorium. And did the Weather Bureau have an office out at the airport, before readings were automated? Were they involved in air safety weather all along, and just gave official readings as an aside? Was some intern out there using a snow board every time there was something frozen? I can just imagine some one measuring 1/2 inch of official snow out at the old airport, then driving home to Cartersville to find 6 inches, lol. T

Tony,
To answer what I bolded in your post, the "New Postoffice Building" at Spring and Hunter Streets was made the new official location on 3/24/1934. However, "Beginning with December 1, 1934, the records made at the Airport Station at Candler Field have been published as the official records for Atlanta. This change was made because the Airport Station affords more satisfactory conditions of instrumental exposure, especially for temperature, than are available at the new Postoffice building in Atlanta".
Oh, the irony!!

Different day and a different E to roll with.....
So is there anyway of knowing what perturbation causes a specific ensemble member to show something so wildly different? I mean it's weird how one time one member might show a big dog and then the very next model run a different one and so on....
I'm not sure to be honest....anyone?

Another GEFS run and another member showing snow in FL. It is exactly one member once again. This time: e12.

Get that second piece off the tail of the first wave and Euro would have done something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back