• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like how the NAM trying to bring precip further north tomorrow, still no big deal but might be enough to wet bulb....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dang gfs looks good for met and brick

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
NW trend with the precip, who knew? Soundings still show warm nose, so probably some sleet and maybe just maybe a few flakes

0fc9cee6806c249e4cd852c195b46b73.jpg

Big snowstorm is just around the corner Met and SD...I mean what can go wrong for next weeks possible storm...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NW trend with the precip, who knew? Soundings still show warm nose, so probably some sleet and maybe just maybe a few flakes

0fc9cee6806c249e4cd852c195b46b73.jpg

Yeah I'm getting concerned now that my low chances are getting lower for tomorrow with this inching north

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Something i've been following over the years is called "model stability".. it's a point where a model will reach full run to run consistency after being constantly drastically different. There can be many model stability points, but generally model stability inside 120hrs hints that largescale changes are unlikely inside that model stability timeframe. On the last several runs on the GFS, there has been model stability on the system entering the pacific NW on Sunday afternoon. That system will, believe it or not, be the driver of any threat next weekend.

0z has no major differences than the 18z run through 84 hrs.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

The energy looks ready to separate into two again for the fifth straight run but I *could* be wrong.

You can see the edge of the possible winter storm at 102, the Arctic HP will be making an appearance soon.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

The energy definitely separates.. maybe even more so on this run than the 18z. But the initial energy is having a hard time consolidating and digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back