• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tropical tidbits has type as heavy rain for most of NGA with 850s well below 0c but surface temps in the mid 30s.

40+ in CAE. Mmm. Nobody looks to be freezing outside the mountains & TN. Maybe an area of NE GA is close though.

Looking good there at 168...we'll see what happens when the low gets off the coast.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

The 850s are good but 2M temps are ugly, climo wise this is a good setup buuuuuuttttt....the blocking that we're relying on is a former cutter instead of an actual cold setup. This will be another good run for TN/NC, and after the low winds up, maybe SC too.

That will absolutely verify. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep.. lol.

Anyways, is this like 5 runs showing a favorable setup for a snow event across the board? I think I will consider 5 consistent runs of GFS this year in this range even if it has fierce opposition.

The 850s are good but 2M temps are ugly, climo wise this is a good setup buuuuuuttttt....the blocking that we're relying on is a cutter instead of an actual cold setup. This will be another good run for TN/NC, and after the low winds up, maybe SC too.
The blocking is the high, which is very strong btw. In fact, it almost suppressed the surface energy at one point as they were moving south through the plains.

East GA, most if not all of SC, and huge chunk of NC get a snow hit on the back side.

Need it in the gulf crossing below the pan handle, or Ga is out of play. There is time for it to get right :) T
There is time for sliding south but I like this track given the setup. I don't think we'll get a strong low in this situation and you'd need a strong low if you're relying on precip from a low south of the FL Panhandle. With such a strong HP and weak low, the track given by the 00z GFS is almost optimum.

Hey, Larry, if you are up...where did they do the official readings in 1880? And who took them? How about in Sav? Is there year to year continuity in both places? Once they started they never missed a year? Thanks, T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back