• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.. two distinct systems... And the initial one should start digging strongly soon, a really powerful jetstream in it's entrance region.

The low pressure of the cutter is further south and east, this means that our winter storm maybe further south than the 18z.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Yep and the initial low closes off at 132 (much later than what the 12z and 18z runs showed).. I don't want a new trend of flattening out the first wave though, that'd be no good.

Good look so far, our possible winter storm is slipping underneath the Arctic HP at 138.

our wrapped up low in the NE is NE of its 18z position , that's not gonna help anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

our wrapped up low in the NE is NE of its 18z position , that's not gonna help anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Regardless of that small difference, the HP is more spread out and forces the low south. About to interact in the gulf at 159hr

The LP is further south than it's 18z run at 150...good news!

The change in low positioning from the first one seems marginal and if the high pressure could get in front it might help.

IDK how far y'alls sources are, but @171hrs it looks like NGA gets some juicy snowfall. IDK about ptype but 850's below 0c

IDK how far y'alls sources are, but @171hrs it looks like NGA gets some juicy snowfall. IDK about ptype but 850's below 0c

Stormvista is ugly. :( Fast though. Unless you're on instantweathermaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back