• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Euro sides with the GFS tonight (which I highly doubt) then business is gonna pick up on this board.

Even the GEFS agreeing with OP would raise some eyebrows

Yeah, I don't get why that low pushes off the coast a good ways, then retrogrades, and sits and spins all wound up :) T

qpf_024h.us_se.png

Moisture return in that 36 hour window is good for most of SE if Temps can get it together

The cmc now shows two systems early but they interact later and the initial one doesn't really block much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im just learning alot from being on here! I feel like the overwhelming warmth from last 2 winters (record warmth) are a sign that times are a changing down here!! Am i wrong are is this a pattern we will have to get use to?!

Ensemble forecasting is where it's at. Living and dying by these OP runs is silly. Lets see if the GEFS improves versus the last two runs. If so (if the mean really ticks up with various southern low solutions), I can see the GFS being right getting that lead wave separated out in front. If not much support from it's own ensembles, well poop.

Ensemble forecasting is where it's at. Living and dying by these OP runs is silly. Lets see if the GEFS improves versus the last two runs. If so (if the mean really ticks up with various southern low solutions), I can see the GFS being right getting that lead wave separated out in front. If not much support from it's own ensembles, well poop.

I'm sure they'll be a Debbie Downer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, Larry, if you are up...where did they do the official readings in 1880? And who took them? How about in Sav? Is there year to year continuity in both places? Once they started they never missed a year? Thanks, T

Hey Tony,
1) The US Weather Bureau office in Atlanta handled the readings starting in 1878. The station was then downtown at the Kimball House at Pryor and Decatur Streets. The Airport Station became the official ATL station in 1934. No, they never missed a year and they missed very few days, if any, due to bad weather.

2) SAV Weather Bureau records started in 1874. They also eventually transitioned from the city to its airport. There's year to year continuity here as well as in most major US cities.

3) The US Weather Bureau started in 1870.

if anything the little gefs the op had earlier today shifted north this run

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

if anything the little gefs the op had earlier today shifted north this run

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah it's funny, the OP went south again at oz lol. Still a good ways out, hopefully something will happen but who knows

Yeah it's funny, the OP went south again at oz lol. Still a good ways out, hopefully something will happen but who knows

Lets not forget how far South the GFS was with the last major threat. I think we'll end up with a KY track at the furthest when all is said. The lead wave will likely influence the secondary more and shear/tear it up and force it to follow in whatever form it decides to be.

Here is the junk the 00z GEFS put out:
itsjunk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back