• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 6th-7th

Yea need a nice band of precip early on, spotty aint going to cut it
Sounding here on the 3km, definitely need a heavy band of precipitation to start out, sounding is supportive of snow before the warm nose shuts everything off F28577BC-06D7-463A-B173-215C1E524E51.png

My weenie is to sensitive for this
I think it’ll snow a little bit in the beginning, we need more precipitation here to take advantage of the solid 850s at the onset, that could come to our advantage also by cooling temps quicker View attachment 71903View attachment 71904
remember also that usually in these types of events precip comes quicker and usually more expansive come verification time

It’s a double edged sword, the 3km verbatim with the amount of WAA/FGEN its shows would mean Earlier precip onset (more then it shows) which would Maybe be a good thing, but at the same time the warm nose would likely be faster, I could see areas along 85/north starting out as snow, even a heavy burst but only lasting for 30-45 minutes EA8DCD25-138D-4AD9-948E-518DDF26D6CD.jpeg

In case y’all want to see something absurd
0641b31cf7c9fa2a556ec70e1ac9237f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, right where I am at. We tend to do okay here but probably not the max. If I had to drive somewhere, probably no further than Blairsvile.

Are you near town or more toward Blue Ridge? @ 1886' you can't be anywhere near the rivers.

Hopefully I’ll be solid above 3k feet. I think my hotel in Cashiers is just under 3500. I don’t mind some sleet. Thoughts?

I look forward to seeing how you do there. Cashiers I think would see higher totals. Elevation probably 4-5 inches. I’m staying at Ramada inn in Maggie Valley if I can get 3 there I’ll call it a success. This is my last chase of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, right where I am at. We tend to do okay here but probably not the max. If I had to drive somewhere, probably no further than Blairsvile.
Staying at a cabin up there in Elijay next weekend on the river. Good luck my friend.

Hopefully I’ll be solid above 3k feet. I think my hotel in Cashiers is just under 3500. I don’t mind some sleet. Thoughts?
Staying at the Laurelwood Inn?

Back