• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 11-13 2021 Ice Potential

Not gonna lie, the NAM is the only reason I'm still keeping one eye focused on this. It gives me pause it's so aggressive with the CAD and the colder temps. No other model I've seen short range or global model shows us getting down into the 30s Friday night/Saturday other models keep us in the 40s. I would feel a lot more enthused if the RGEM would back the NAM's play over the next run or two.

Is this storm coming Thursday or Friday time period do you think the nam will keep coming in colder closer we get to it

Not gonna lie, the NAM is the only reason I'm still keeping one eye focused on this. It gives me pause it's so aggressive with the CAD and the colder temps. No other model I've seen short range or global model shows us getting down into the 30s Friday night/Saturday other models keep us in the 40s. I would feel a lot more enthused if the RGEM would back the NAM's play over the next run or two.
Agree. RGEM was north at 18z. Would like to see it shift back south or a bit colder. It was better than the NAM last Sunday.

NAM is a little north at 54. Not sure what that means downstream. For me, it looks like Thursday night snow is off the table. Still icy but a tick in the wrong direction.

Latest model trends are definitely concerning for DFW. I'm praying they're wrong.

It can be all fun and games with snow, but ice is a huge no-no, especially since we're headed into the freezer behind it.

Latest model trends are definitely concerning for DFW. I'm praying they're wrong.

It can be all fun and games with snow, but ice is a huge no-no, especially since we're headed into the freezer behind it.

Already starting to see the usual iffy areas on the traffic maps and this isn't even the event

I am definitely concerned this could turn into something like 2011 only colder where ice sticks around a couple days

Back