• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 11-13 2021 Ice Potential

Right, just like they had heavy snow south of this a week ago..
I believe most the models predicted more snow and failed just like they have all year. No reason to get excited over anything but models do show another minor event which I like better than just one big one.

Saturday ICON all frozen almost down to NC/SC border. Winter Storm Warning Triad. Temps 29-30 with .5 qpf

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-105420_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210209-105420_Chrome.jpg
    681.2 KB · Views: 55
Saturday ICON all frozen almost down to NC/SC border. Winter Storm Warning Triad. Temps 29-30 with .5 qpf
As much as I bash the ICON, this does have some support as there has been a signal for strong CAD in this timeframe for a few days. Also the NAM, and yes it’s still in its long range, is hinting at it as well. Also it follows the ICON’s tendencies lately of showing cold about a week out, showing warm for several days as several days ago it was pushing lots of warm air up east of the mountains, and then corrects back to a colder solution. It’s already starting that process again for the Monday/Tuesday timeframe next week

Looks like I’ll be getting in on the ice tomorrow as well. Just had a WWA issued for up to a tenth of an inch of ice from Midnight to 6:00 PM tomorrow.

This is exactly what I was mentioning in the other thread. The Euro has been doing this for the last couple months, ever since the -NAO started. It starts warming everything up 6-7 days out only to start trending colder inside 3-4 days out. Now the biggest difference is that there is true Arctic air in the lower 48 and significant snow pack to our north. I would be surprised if this look doesn’t get colder over the next couple of days. I thing winter weather is still very much on the table Friday/Saturday

18z NAM is a touch warmer at 925 but cooler at 850. Should drop the snow line further south into southern VA but overall about the same as 12z through 57.

Back