• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 11-13 2021 Ice Potential

Me too (but not really knowing RAH). I already have close to 0.2" of ice here.

Interesting, did you send in this updated report to NWS RAH? (I don't see it in their NWS LSRs database). Might actually be a good idea to do so lol I'm sure if they saw parts of Guilford nearing 0.2" already they'd strongly reconsider WSWs

Interesting, did you send in this updated report to NWS RAH? (I don't see it in their NWS LSRs database). Might actually be a good idea to do so lol I'm sure if they saw parts of Guilford nearing 0.2" already they'd strongly reconsider WSWs

yes I did. with pics. They responded "nice pictures!"

It'll be interesting to see how dew points go this evening that'll be the primary driver. If we see 32 down at the nc/sc border with 29/30 down to RDU and GSO that's going to be problematic

During the *Heavy* rates of rain here, it was *White Rain*.. so much so I thought it was "snowing".. seriously..

Reactions: SD
I noticed Stokes was left out of the WSWs from Blacksburg. Stokes is immediately N of Forsyth.

My gut tells me more counties will be included soon. Thinking Durham to Forsyth, but sometimes predicting them ain't easy. (I didn't think they'd only include the 3 current counties for example)

Yeah I'm also a little surprised by that one too, saw many 0.15-0.2" reports in Stokes

Getting close.

bfbbd238beac44c96d7f7d044ea1e70d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a quick map I've put together for this event. I chose to go w/ total ice accumulations since that will have a more direct effect on overall impacts than additional accums tonight. Up to 0.5" total ice possible near the VA border, two tenths to a third of an inch of ice possible in the Triad area. Perhaps a light glaze or so in Raleigh.

Crippling ice storm potentially on the way NE of Greensboro

February 12-13 2021 Forecast Snowmap2.jpg

Last edited:
Back