• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 11-13 2021 Ice Potential

35 in Fuquay-Varina, according to the car thermometer. 33.1 at home, according to the Tempest.
I’m basically in the Quay, good to see temp sensor is on par with others.

Starting to teeter on being a weenie and filling gas tanks for the generator.

best case for me is I wake up to shear darkness and it looks like Elsa herself was in the neighborhood. Head down to the garage and crank up the genny, watch blue smoke sputter out of it as it comes alive. Plug in the fridge, coffee maker and modem and live my best life.

These little ticks mean big things, even the HRRR is adjusting a tad, it’s very subtle but damn it’s adding insult to injury F753DD3F-70BF-49AF-9AA4-11EA595326CA.gif

I’m going to take a gamble by saying freezing rain makes it all the way to Charlotte tonight. Obviously, nothing significant there at all, maybe a light glaze. We gotta think, there is snowpack right up the road in VA, I mean literally like in some cases depending on location, 50-150 miles North. That’s going to amplify the cold air in this CAD.

Back