• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

You can’t make this sh** up. In your worst nightmare you couldn’t envision something this cruel
92002D25-942D-44B6-9363-AA855E20D3A0.png

At least the storm is there on about all of the models. With the pattern relaxing at this point, you would think that this will probably trend NW with time.

So much potential with this one. FV3 tried. Game on goobers
View attachment 13225

The models are all over the place for 2/1-2 and are also jumping around from run to run. But one thing is pretty much deifinite: that 1040ish surface high in the Midwest on 2/1 means business as it is forecast to bring record cold to Chicago/Midwest. IF that high's low level cold gets tapped via CAD by any, we could be looking at a major ZR/IP for the SE US IF a weak low really does form well south in the Gulf. This is uncommonly frigid air. Conctrast this to the 1/27 low that has no surface high nearby/not much cold air to tap from the Arctic.

The models are all over the place for 2/1-2 and are also jumping around from run to run. But one thing is pretty much deifinite: that 1040ish surface high in the Midwest on 2/1 means business as it is forecast to bring record cold to Chicago/Midwest. IF that high's low level cold gets tapped via CAD by any, we could be looking at a major ZR/IP for the SE US IF a weak low really does form well south in the Gulf. This is uncommonly frigid air. Conctrast this to the 1/27 low that has no surface high nearby/not much cold air to tap from the Arctic.

I'm not great at reading ensembles, but this looks like the ensembles gave a couple hits for this right? The mean doesn't shown any storm in the gulf yet so I don't know how strong a signal that is or not. With no mean pressure center where we want it probably not right now.

1548440066544.png

I got a feeling the Euro is about to show the storm for next weekend also. Just go ahead and open up the thread... Lol

To me, that stuff underneath has way more potential than expecting anything from a clipper below Gainesville, lol. Now were the two to meet up, there's where we get a good storm. It's still over a week out, so things could jell. But I never hold my breath for a clipper...learned that lesson long, long ago, just as I learned cold air in N Ga. and rain in south Ga can lead to wonderful things above Macon, lol.

6e8f0c08352910fb810a15e179020148.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, Euro giving NC back to back storms with a couple of inches each for central NC! Great to see the Euro getting on board.

Arguably there's a chance for back to back to back storms if our coastal low pans out too. Legitimate possibility for 3 winter storms in the span of a week in/around NC

Back