• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

I have received about .47 inches of rain and things are about to wrap up here near Lake Wheeler. This is the most rain from one event I've seen in over a month. I have a rain gauge at the vegetable garden I grow near Auburn in southeastern Wake County and I am looking forward to seeing how much badly needed rain fell there tomorrow. Last Sunday it rained around .25 inches which was the first rain that area had seen in three weeks.

Last edited:
2.79 in the last 7 days. This 7 day period beats my monthly total for 5 of the last 9 months
Right at a half inch for the last 7 days. I hate summertime thunderstorms. I have not had the luck getting under a good storm. I thought I would do good with the current storm(s), but no. Everything missed me to the south and east. Grounds not even wet. I guess there's always tomorrow...

1720308109786.png

I've been blanked the last week with rain falling very close to me but never over MBY. My speculation is that with the higher temps this year the seabreeze is advancing inland faster and it seems to literally be firing just north of me as it sets up inland and pushes north away from me.
That's exactly what I run into living near Charleston

It looks like the Triad and areas west of Durham are the big winners in the rainfall lottery so far today according to radar. Storms are lining up along the front that is draped across the Triad. They will be slow moving today so areas lucky enough to get under a storm will get plenty of rain. Hopefully as the day progresses points east will receive the rain they have been looking for.

Back