• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

The storms are supposed to come out over more of NC and into SC, but I am having doubts about that due to the slightly north of east movement. I think they are already about as far south as they are going today. Tomorrow will probably be mostly dry too since GSP looks for cloud cover to last past noon, delaying storms. Most of us south of I-85 will have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for another legit chance for rain.

Hixson Tn , and my mby in particular have missed out on all the rain in our area. Haven’t needed to mow in 3 weeks. My parents have a place in Englewood Florida. It’s currently 93 degrees there with a heat index of 119. Brutal

The storms are supposed to come out over more of NC and into SC, but I am having doubts about that due to the slightly north of east movement. I think they are already about as far south as they are going today. Tomorrow will probably be mostly dry too since GSP looks for cloud cover to last past noon, delaying storms. Most of us south of I-85 will have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for another legit chance for rain.
This is aging poorly

IMG_4550.jpeg
This was me yesterday watching everybody east of here celebrating rain while the most I got was distant dark clouds.

Luckily today the bottom has dropped out and this line coming over the mountains is a slow mover.

Getting zeroed out here. Outflow heading south has popped storms to the south but nothing of note here. Maybe some outflow boundaries will work some magic. Hearing thunder I'm the distance, but it's still questionable at best.

I got a whopping .02 inches of rain at the house to add to .47 inches yesterday and a disappointing .16 inches of rain on my vegetable garden in southeastern Wake County. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones who gets a decent shower or storm this coming week. We have a shot every day for the next seven days at least. The trip to my garden wasn't a total waste, I brought home some cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, zucchini squash, yellow squash and okra. If I can get some rain I am going to have a record cantaloupe and watermelon harvest for me at least. My vines are loaded with flowers and baby melons.

Yeah, I don’t think they are going to make it! Death Valley incoming in 2.1,……..80475273-2C84-451F-A7C7-49B7705B1B5F.png

Back