• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

We get put in the Winter Battle Zone every year on these maps, whatever that means (basically nothing). 😂
Winter battle zone is another term for warm and rainy.

Direct Weather, MSBGCM, and Ryan Hall Y'all are nincompoops.

What’s strange is that usually RDU is no more than a few degrees warmer than GSO, sometimes even cooler. This month RDU has been warmer every single day and the average high is a full 6 degrees warmer than GSO. RDU is even running warmer than FAY, which is insane. Maybe it’s just a long string of coincidences, but it’s very odd.

Yesterday was more of the same. GSO 93, FAY 97, RDU 98. RDU is already 4 degrees warmer than FAY and 5 degrees warmer than GSO this morning.

Maybe the government built a secret base under the ASOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That quasi heat release pattern starting Sunday and lasting through Wednesday looks legit. I wouldn't be surprised to see RDU set a new all time record and likely more widespread 100s than we have seen so far. The bugaboo will be if we get a higher end rain event over the next few days and the increased soil moisture might hold us back a handful of degrees

That quasi heat release pattern starting Sunday and lasting through Wednesday looks legit. I wouldn't be surprised to see RDU set a new all time record and likely more widespread 100s than we have seen so far. The bugaboo will be if we get a higher end rain event over the next few days and the increased soil moisture might hold us back a handful of degrees

So basically any rain we get will be baked away.

So basically any rain we get will be baked away.

I don't think we are done with patterns that favor AN chances of rain. As long as the ridge is in the west and the bermuda ridge is still pumping 2+ pwats in any drier periods will be short. Late next week looks solid

Sb cape approaching 4000 ml cape approaching 3000 it'll be a let down if we aren't able to over perform on storm coverage this afternoon
There is nothing going on. Maybe a cap or something in place? I'm surprised to see such a dearth of activity.

This is gonna be one of those "back in the day" post....

Back in the day it seemed like we had a few days every single week in the summer where there was a line of storms would fire along the foothills from upstate SC to SW VA around 2-3 pm, then they would race east usually in time to get to us here in the east by 7-9pm....I mean I really remember this happening all the time "back in the day"....but maybe it didn't and I just remember it wrong cause it almost never happens anymore...or does it?

Currently reporting in from the hottest location this side of the Rockies, KRDU. It is truly oppressive outside with temperatures no doubt somehow in the triple digits. Even inside the old Southwest terminal, the A/C is having a hard time keeping up as I wait for my flight. Soon, I escape for a higher altitude location out west where the forecast low is 50 tomorrow morning. ☃️

IMG_3699.jpeg

This is gonna be one of those "back in the day" post....

Back in the day it seemed like we had a few days every single week in the summer where there was a line of storms would fire along the foothills from upstate SC to SW VA around 2-3 pm, then they would race east usually in time to get to us here in the east by 7-9pm....I mean I really remember this happening all the time "back in the day"....but maybe it didn't and I just remember it wrong cause it almost never happens anymore...or does it?

Seems like a lot more ridging these days.

Back