• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

That line of thunderstorms looks good on radar. If it holds together as it crosses Wake County, I'll finally get some badly needed rain for my garden. I'm going to have to cut my yard this weekend for the first time in over three weeks. I have missed the rain but I have not missed mowing the grass.

Looks like the front is pushing towards the Triangle right now:
1720661253993.png

Once it catches up with the current storms it'll start moving them faster towards the east. Right now, they keep training northeastward. Which is great for me.

RAH already pointing out that the rich will get richer tomorrow along 95 and RDU north. Most of us will be parched again by the end of next week with multiple 100s coming up

Last edited:
RAH already pointing out that the rich will get richer tomorrow along 95 and RDU north. Most of us will be parched again by the end of next week

Thin line if rain in the county here this morning I had to drive thru it to get to work. Unlike other showers the last few weeks this had insanely large drops and very heavy rates even under weaker radar returns. This contrast last week when I was under heavier returns on radar but the rain was lighter than I would expect given radar presentation.

It did not take much to drop a inch this morning in spots around town this morning, rates in these showers are insane. Looks like my house will cash in here shortly might finally have to cut the grass again.

Also.last night in the ILM obs we only dropped below a 90 degree heat index in one obs and went right back over 5 minutes later. We averaged a HI of 93 for the overnight hours. Helps front door

Solid start to the event along a line from Kinston to Williamston, areas just SW of Grifton already closing in on 7” this morning with a FFW now in effect. Someone’s getting a foot by the time all is said and done Saturday, of course not me.

IMG_8689.jpeg

Back