• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

I’m to the point of not worrying about temps, snow, and ice until January. I’d take a 33 degree heavy rain right now.
Smart thing to do if you want to keep your sanity. I’d love more snows in late December around Christmas time but it just doesn’t happen much in the southeast.

All it took was one good 12z GEFS run for us to get sucked back in
A lot to do with just having moisture on hand. Any cad we get will likely be imo “instu” driven due to all the dry air we have at the surface. Gonna need precip this winter ? and the cad will form from the bottom up instead of relying on a top down slug fetch from New England

I’m I still think the vortex would need to be further south for any legit wintry wx, much better then last run tho View attachment 96407
Baby steps Fro baby steps. Lol I forgot who said it maybe Nicky B about lack of sensors in pacific contributing to the run to run changes but I could believe that models don't know what to do. Damn Euro is still king imo.

The large scale pattern is indeed looking ugly for sure. I'd like to see a +EPO because if there was a trough over Alaska/Gulf of Alaska, a westen ridge would likely build (+PNA) I'd also like to see high latitude blocking going poleward to force displacement of the main PV. As we know it (for now) the Arctic is closed. We can only hope this patten will not lock into place.
b8543adebac5d7ea6ab7ff217ca0222b.jpg

Back