• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Much more improvement still a dump out west but that deep low pressure went away up in the NW and I’m assuming the operational is just taking baby steps to going where it’s ensembles wants to .. that’s why it’s such a bad model and in a league below the euro

SD, how can we ever get a pattern favorable for us this winter with such an unfavorable Pacific? Will it require a SSW, right mjo phases, and other things combined to give us a realistic opportunity?

SD, how can we ever get a pattern favorable for us this winter with such an unfavorable Pacific? Will it require a SSW, right mjo phases, and other things combined to give us a realistic opportunity?
Unfortunately mr golf, ssw event doesn’t guarantee the cold air will stay on this side of the globe , even we get one ?

I'd say, let the cold build in Canada and Alaska this time of year...it will eventually dump into the US. Now, whether or not it gets to the SE US, hard to say, but it is not even December yet.
Yeah , sounds good but most classic Niña s are front loaded . Don’t mean this one will be. But I would like see things start getting little better in the pacific .

Back