• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Yeah I agree , the deep reds are too Far East in over the Atlantic .
Not only that that’s a classic wudge, there was also energy diving south around B.C which would have bright those reds towards us once it dumped

Not ideal initially but that thing looks to be moving East big time and way more amplified then previous runs mean initial severe weather if the big time CAD gets eroded and then maybe tail end action if this was allowed to go out further .. I like look at that cold air progged to move east south East C4F9B4A1-A28B-4B31-8A5E-EF756BD9201A.jpeg

Holy wow, 6Z GEFS coming in much colder than recent GEFS runs in SE Dec 5th-6th! Out of nowhere!

Edit: this is a cold reversal of the warm reversal of the weekend.
6z alsways seems being happy hour . That’s the suit that usually gives hope . But 12 z. And 0z is the reality runs . Those two models get ingested the full data . Till 12 z and 0z pick up on this, would not put much merit into 18z or 6z suits

Been my biggest beef,. Thanks for sharing. These censor placements skew the metrics over time and don't give an actual data than can be accurately used to support or disagree with Global Temp Trends.

Almost no one in the meteorological community takes that guy seriously. The UAH temperature adjustments have come under significant scrutiny the last several years and aren’t supported by other datasets (Ratpac and RSS)

Almost no one in the meteorological community takes that guy seriously. The UAH temperature adjustments have come under significant scrutiny the last several years and aren’t supported by other datasets (Ratpac and RSS)
I was just posting a link to the GW discussion thread here. That's all. Seems sometimes it gets forgotten

I was just posting a link to the GW discussion thread here. That's all. Seems sometimes it gets forgotten

There’s a reason that discussion thread is “forgotten”, I don’t think you wanna open up that Pandora’s box in here. Might as well consider the GW thread a political one, most non-mets’ opinions on AGW are motivated and reinforced by politics, most have little interest in understanding the actual science behind it or are willing to change their opinions, even when the evidence is downright overwhelmingly in favor of man-made climate change, with no other viable theory coming anywhere close to explaining the extremely rapid climate change we’ve seen in the past few hundred years. Some will of course say that earth was warmer in the past, while true, it’s very unusual to warm at the rate it’s doing so today, which makes adaptation damn near impossible and that’s really the cause for concern amongst most climate scientists. In any case, Dr. Roy Spencer is a fringe scientist that isn’t taken very seriously by most of his own peers and for good reason. I take whatever he says with a truckload of salt.

Back