• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Nothing going poleward. Just fast flow with a strong +EPOView attachment 96187
Pv in Canada with the extension into AK is a killer. Amazing how close that can be to glory but how easy it is to be a fail. Amp the Aleutian ridge dig the trough into the goa and pump the ridge in the west and we are dancing

Pv in Canada with the extension into AK is a killer. Amazing how close that can be to glory but how easy it is to be a fail. Amp the Aleutian ridge dig the trough into the goa and pump the ridge in the west and we are dancing
Remind me more of 2020 then 2011, other then the SPV. Still managed a event that feb with fast flow

Not terrible enough to make me not wanna look every 6 hours but I’m also not excited to look every 6 hours

Not terrible enough to make me not wanna look every 6 hours but I’m also not excited to look every 6 hours
Agreed I doubt we see a dramatic model flip in our favor those just don't happen. There were some wheels in motion around and after d10 that could provide some excitement mid month heading into Christmas but with how poorly the models are performing meh

As not good as the models look the eps mean isn't badecmwf-ensemble-KRDU-daily_tmin_tmax-8100800.png
But when you look at the spread
ecmwf-ensemble-KRDU-tmin_tmax_boxplot-8100800.png
There's a lot of room in either direction.
So when you dig into the plumes you can see the massive spread and some weak clustering of above normal, near normal, slightly below normal. Screenshot_20211128-160524_Chrome.jpg

All in all while the general theme should be AN as an aggregate we might see variability as we continue through this look

There is a guy who is in the energy business who posts at American weather and he mentioned the invests out in western Pacific are throwing the models/ensembles off bad currently fwiw.

There is a guy who is in the energy business who posts at American weather and he mentioned the invests out in western Pacific are throwing the models/ensembles off bad currently fwiw.
Lmao … really ? I stop reading when I saw word energy company lol…. Just like a guy who works for Kroger told me this la Niña is fading too lol.

Makes sense we don’t have a ton of data collection out in the pacific so we really have to wait until energy makes it near or on the western coast or near Alaska before models get a good handle

Expectations for anything other than mild dominating the SE US after the next few days and for ~10+ days should be low or else there will likely be disappointment for those preferring cold. A -PNA with +AO +NAO, La Niña, and a very warm MC is about the polar opposite of what would be best. Those wanting a reprieve from cold should be looking forward to this period. After this period we’ll see if the MJO goes according to GEFS and also if other things like +PNA start to reappear.

Back