• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Sitting at 50 and cloudy. BN today. Oops
Haven't you learned? We don't talk about the now, how dare you, we only talk about D8 and beyond. Come to think of it though, this will be nice when we finally are roasting our chestnuts off, we will actually be talking about the upcoming cold so it won't seem so bad ?

We’re not going to get into the cold without first getting into the warmth in this kind of pattern.

Speaking of warmth, the 12Z Euro is also a warmer run. Great news for getting outside and having fun.
This is very true… it also would not suprise me to see a significant severe weather outbreak as the pattern starts to change. I can remember a couple times in the 90s when a mild pattern broke down and brought some big thunderstorms ahead of the cold.

holy ?

1639634400-Z5v6UI4kP6k.png

RIP Dallas and Charlotte...

Haven't you learned? We don't talk about the now, how dare you, we only talk about D8 and beyond. Come to think of it though, this will be nice when we finally are roasting our chestnuts off, we will actually be talking about the upcoming cold so it won't seem so bad ?
Theoretically there could be an mPing tomorrow as well. somewhere in Granville county probably . Torches don’t mPing!

Dang, even with the next few days at/slightly BN, the weekend makes it AN !! I’ll take +5 to +7 accounting for the last few days C440F967-FEE4-4257-B917-44E15D476C79.png

The pattern on today's CFSv2 was very weenie looking after Christmas.

30-day mean pattern from the Winter Solstice to about MLK Day is just about as good looking as it gets.

1642723200-U5oNmxrm8vo.png
For the sake of sanity, do not share that with JB ...

Well, it's JB, of course, but since I fully expect to see nothing worthwhile south of Tifton anytime until ... I'm tempeted to hang my hat on this and that and exacerbate my disappointment ... LOL ... :

"Amazing how severe outbreaks late Dec 67- jan 1968, Jan 1985, Jan 1996 were preceded by similar set ups, Its as if the pattern that begets US warmth is the very signal, that once pattern evolves, that is followed by extreme cold. Players are there to take the field"

"while the nation is warm the next 10-15 there are things lining up that we are telling anyone that will listen that major, perhaps extreme cold, is going to invade the nation Dec 20-jan 20. MJO, Pacific oscillations analogs to past year, strat vortex split. too much to ignore"

For the sake of sanity, do not share that with JB ...

Well, it's JB, of course, but since I fully expect to see nothing worthwhile south of Tifton anytime until ... I'm tempeted to hang my hat on this and that and exacerbate my disappointment ... LOL ... :

"Amazing how severe outbreaks late Dec 67- jan 1968, Jan 1985, Jan 1996 were preceded by similar set ups, Its as if the pattern that begets US warmth is the very signal, that once pattern evolves, that is followed by extreme cold. Players are there to take the field"

"while the nation is warm the next 10-15 there are things lining up that we are telling anyone that will listen that major, perhaps extreme cold, is going to invade the nation Dec 20-jan 20. MJO, Pacific oscillations analogs to past year, strat vortex split. too much to ignore"
Jb is that you? Lol

Back