• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Is it me or has 850s trended colder on the gfs ?

Attachments

• gfs_T850_seus_fh24_trend.gif
    gfs_T850_seus_fh24_trend.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Allan Huffman tweeted the 00z NAM BUFKIT soundings show 5-6 inches of snow before the changeover Sunday am. Then a nasty coast of freezing rain on top of that. I have a feeling that is what will happen here, 4 to 6 inches of snow, with ice on top.

It's gonna be nasty.

A solid 2-5 inches of snow with a sleetstorm after is a win in december, at least sleet won't turn off my lights, some people see it as a heartbreaker while I see it as a way better ptype then a cold 33 degree rain
I can stand it when it's "safely" above freezing say 33.0 or above but when you get down to 32.1-32.5 that is when you just wanna pull your hair out cause you're mere fractions away from getting some beautiful ice in the trees. That is what very well could happen here.

Is it me or has 850s trended colder on the gfs ?
Slightly, yes.... every degree helps
1ddd81adc03e4e1ae1c4043a539e3ccd.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gfs has snowline a bit south, Don't think this will be a solid r/s line but more of a rain/sleet/zr/rain line, still good that trends are colder, 00z nam was better for a front snow thumping to for the piedmont

Allan Huffman tweeted the 00z NAM BUFKIT soundings show 5-6 inches of snow before the changeover Sunday am. Then a nasty coast of freezing rain on top of that. I have a feeling that is what will happen here, 4 to 6 inches of snow, with ice on top.

It's gonna be nasty.
take lots of pictures

Back