• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

The AO is really negative near mid month which should help dump some cold air in the deep south. A strong -AO usually suppresses storm tracks so something to watch on future runs.

View attachment 124810
Just a follow up to my previous post. The strong -AO just keeps getting stronger which may be why models are looking colder with recent runs. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Screenshot_20221207_120357.jpg

Is it just me or this isn’t a very good look?? -PNA is quite present in this run .
cb27e19c9fecfefdf4fe04ba3a6d21e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look at the 500mb chart you’ll see why that look is there. There is actually lobe of energy that dives in under the ridge that’s still there… it leads to a cutoff low over the SW

Love how everything is progressing. Right on que and fun times ahead.
I agree. A favorable pattern with some potential longevity by Christmas. I'm in. Some of us that have been doing this for a while remember those long-tracking Miller A storms. We could get more of those this winter it appears.

I believe Less ridging out west is worse.
678c178fc8be1795092152fc217c68d7.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to stop. The ridging in Alaska and Western Canada is much stronger. With pattern analysis, you need to look at more than the continental US. You are either trolling to get people to interact negatively to your posts, or you have much to learn about weather pattern evolutions. Please read more, and post less. Ask appropriate questions with an attitude of learning and not trolling. Otherwise, you will get another timeout like the many you got last year...

I was at the Disney World with family back in February 2020 and the last day we were there, it was in the mid 40s all day, cloudy and windy. We all had to get new hoodies to put on
Same thing happened to me many years back. People forget, it can get cold in Florida. I was a kid when Orlando got the couple of inches of snow way back in the 70s. I would consider chasing a snow event in Florida.

Back