• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that. I’m sure it frustrates you now with people who are anti-vaxx and think covid is much to do about nothing. If everyone only had your perspective....

I hope you improve quickly. You’re very lucky you left the hospital alive, it’s likely that first shot helped at least a little bit.

If I had waited another day or so I'd have definitely been in trouble. Thank goodness for the antiviral they gave me which works wonders.

Prayers going up for ya. I never reached the point of vaccine and didn’t require a hospitalization. I got regeneron on day 10 of symptoms, all accounts I’d say it was a mild case, but here I am 7 weeks later still fighting the effects. O2 be great but at times it hurts or seems impossible to take a really deep breath. Get headaches, upper body weakness and still not much of an appetite. I think I also have what I’ve heard called covidsomnia, I can go to bed and end up wide awake a few hours later unable to go back to sleep even though I’m exhausted. I think what might have made my symptoms worse is the fact that when I got Covid I was probably pushing 335 lbs and have high bp and vitamin d3 deficiency, essentially enough to make a really bad outcome. I lost easy 25 lbs during the actual sickness and I have continued to lose weight due to walking 2 hrs a day and watching my diet. I’m now down to about 295, a 40 pound drop in about a month in a half. I had a ct done today of my lungs for my pulmonologist to review because last month I had a ct of pelvic area for kidney stones and it just caught the bottom of my lungs and it showed some scattered ground glass opacities in my left lower lobe. I’m praying this has cleared up and the rest of my lungs are ok. I use a spirometer just about every hr to try and strengthen them and pulmonologist ordered me a nebulizer that I use Ipratropium and albuterol on my really bad days. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share what I’m experiencing and again my prayers are with you. I told my wife when I hear someone say this is just the flu, I want to smack them into next week. Yea majority do recover quick and have no lasting issues, but seems like the ones fighting issues are on their own

Ya know I've had the sleep thing you're describing too. I go to bed and get some sleep and then I'm sitting there wide awake for no reason and can't go back to sleep. My mind just kinda goes into this fog then.

Thankfully my appetite has come back. Just not enjoying being tired all the time right now. Plus not being able to go anywhere as I am supposed to quarantine till the 14th. When I breathe I hear some crackling in there but not quite as bad as it was.

I just had an upper endoscopy done due to sustained weight loss since I got covid. Turned out I have really bad gastritis. My entire stomach lining is bright red. Now I’m on a special diet and the only “treatment” is avoiding food/drink that makes things worse. Funny thing is I’m a pretty healthy eater, I also don’t smoke or drink. Don’t drink soda or carbonated beverages or coffee. I don’t even drink fruit juices— only water. So to say it’s odd is an understatement. People they see with gastritis usually have a very obvious cause. I’m hopeful it just heals in time.

There’s just a lot we don’t understand about covid-19’s lasting impact and I just hope people realize it’s not just about the headache or cough, and it’s not just the flu..

Speaking of carbonated drinks, it's totally ruined me from them. So far everyone I've tried tastes horrible. Guess it will be good long term for my belly. Just strange that was the only thing that was affected for my taste or smell at all.

Reactions: Jon
Anyone get retested after having the virus? My wife is supposed to have surgery Friday and she went for testing this morning. I hope it’s still not showing up since February. She never got tested then, we figured there was no need because she had all the symptoms including the loss of taste and smell. She has diabetes and is probably considered obese but not as bad as me and she kicked this crap to the curb after about 3 weeks.

Several friends of mine who contracted covid a year ago still haven’t regained their sense of smell and they can’t taste food unless it’s seasoned strongly. One of them also has an inflamed heart, a year later, from covid.

Just got report back on my lung ct from yesterday. Nearly all the scattered ground glass opacities in my left lower lobe is gone. Says minimal amounts are left!! Rest of lungs are clear. Everything that showed up on ct looked great. Nothing showed as enlarged including my heart. Seriously think my issue is gastro/gas now. Such a relief to see that good of a report. Hopefully it will calm some of my anxiety over this junk.

Just got report back on my lung ct from yesterday. Nearly all the scattered ground glass opacities in my left lower lobe is gone. Says minimal amounts are left!! Rest of lungs are clear. Everything that showed up on ct looked great. Nothing showed as enlarged including my heart. Seriously think my issue is gastro/gas now. Such a relief to see that good of a report. Hopefully it will calm some of my anxiety over this junk.
So I got C. diff apparently . This is the second time ! I’m a -------- student I can’t do 3 different horrible flare ups 2 rounds of c. Diff and COVID . My poor poor poor grades !

So I got C. diff apparently . This is the second time ! I’m a -------- student I can’t do 3 different horrible flare ups 2 rounds of c. Diff and COVID . My poor poor poor grades !

What did they put you on? Vancomycin or flagyl? You could be a candidate for a poop transplant

I did 4 rounds of vanco and 1 of flagyl before I cleared up. Best of luck man.
It’s weird because I don’t feel as bad as I did the first time I got C diff. First time was hell times 1000000000000 , this time around it’s hell time’s 1000. Maybe my body can fight it better now I don’t know ?

Cdiff is no joke, it killed my grandpa along with his spreading cancer unfortunately in 2015, very very important to drink plenty of water while you have that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back